• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-28T20:20:38Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
374 Posts

Pinned topic Glossary from infosphere comes with spaces

‏2012-04-25T00:56:03Z |
Hello and thanks for reading my post.

I have recently downloaded a list of glossary from the company's infosphere glossary setup down to my data architect installation. I am using version 7.5.1 by the way.

Download completes successfully and i find this word in the glossary - vehicle axle. It is actually a phrase and not a single word, recorded down as a prime word.

To test the naming convention analysis, i created an attributed named vehicle axle in an entity. In the preference section, i configured for 2 prime words to be the standard for attributes, with the second prime word being optional.

It failed of course stating that the naming convention was not honoured.

Do the words in the glossary have to be single words for the anlyze model option to work?

Regards,
Rama
Updated on 2012-04-28T20:20:38Z at 2012-04-28T20:20:38Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    374 Posts

Re: Glossary from infosphere comes with spaces

‏2012-04-25T17:18:25Z  
    Hi Rama,

If the Separator in the Naming Standard preferences is defined as <Space>, which is the default for Logical model objects, "vehicle axle" is not a single word. Only single words are allowed as Prime, Class words. You could change the Separator from <Space> to something else, such as an underscore _. Then, "vehicle axle" is considered as a single word. Or you can keep the Separator as <Space>, and change the "vehicle axle" type in the glossary model as Business Term. Multiple words are allowed as Business Terms.

Hope this helps,
    Wei
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    374 Posts

‏2012-04-28T01:50:22Z  
    Hi Rama,

If the Separator in the Naming Standard preferences is defined as <Space>, which is the default for Logical model objects, "vehicle axle" is not a single word. Only single words are allowed as Prime, Class words. You could change the Separator from <Space> to something else, such as an underscore _. Then, "vehicle axle" is considered as a single word. Or you can keep the Separator as <Space>, and change the "vehicle axle" type in the glossary model as Business Term. Multiple words are allowed as Business Terms.

Hope this helps,
    Wei
    Hello Wei,

Thanks heaps - your explanation helped me sort out my issue. My logical model is now validating correctly.

It is a bit misleading though, that the software allows for multiple words to be defined in a cell and no warnings are given when the type is set as either a prime or class word. Or, i'm not reading the signals corectly!

Thanks again!

Regards
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    374 Posts

‏2012-04-28T20:20:38Z  
    Hello Wei,

Thanks heaps - your explanation helped me sort out my issue. My logical model is now validating correctly.

It is a bit misleading though, that the software allows for multiple words to be defined in a cell and no warnings are given when the type is set as either a prime or class word. Or, i'm not reading the signals corectly!

Thanks again!

Regards
    That is a good point. We will consider adding a rule to check for multiple words defined as prime or class words, and generate warnings.

Thank you very much!