Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-10T17:37:17Z by GregoryHohertz
jeter
jeter
2 Posts

Pinned topic Using ACCESS or other tools to pull data from TEP Database

‏2012-04-24T18:37:16Z |
I'm new to ITCAM. So please pardon the questions.

How can you use ACCESS or some other query tool to pull data from the TEP database. The customer wants to extract some information and send it to CA Monitor to be graphed every minute in their command center
Hatcher Jeter
hatcher.jeter@atech.com
Updated on 2012-05-10T17:37:17Z at 2012-05-10T17:37:17Z by GregoryHohertz
  • Roseberry
    Roseberry
    4 Posts

Re: Using ACCESS or other tools to pull data from TEP Database

‏2012-04-25T12:03:13Z  
    Hi,
    What kind of data do you want to extract from the TEPS database? TEPS DB is related to TEP users, workspaces, situations and do forth.
    You will probably need to know the schema/structure. You can have a look at http://www.axibase.com/utilities.htm.
    If you want to graph some date every minutes you're probably more interested in the TDW DB. The TEPS can graph those data in the TEP. One just needs to modify a view (and activate the history collection first).
    Regards,

• - - - - - - Luc Roseberry
    Tivoli Certified
    ITIL Master Certified
    Roseberry International
    http://www.roseberry-international.com
  • jeter
    jeter
    2 Posts

‏2012-04-25T15:41:59Z  
    The customer wants to pull information on WMB Message flow performance from the Archival Statical Accounting workspace. They desire to graph the information in CA or some other console in their command center. I indicated that they could use the TEP console to view a graph but they want a single product in the CC

Hatcher Jeter
  • Roseberry
    Roseberry
    4 Posts

‏2012-04-25T17:48:35Z  
    • jeter
    • ‏2012-04-25T15:41:59Z
    The customer wants to pull information on WMB Message flow performance from the Archival Statical Accounting workspace. They desire to graph the information in CA or some other console in their command center. I indicated that they could use the TEP console to view a graph but they want a single product in the CC

Hatcher Jeter
    Data are not kept by the TEPS. A query is sent each time the TEP is updated.
    I do not have the ITCAM for WebSphere Message Broker agent install so I cannot check.
    You will have to look at the doc for the Attributes Group used for the Archival Statical Accounting workspace and configure the historical collection for that group (you do have TDW installed???). Then you will have to identify the tables and extract the data and feed the other console (automatically) with the most recent data.
    I'm not sure that I would like to go there. Why not just set a situation to monitor the performance and then send a ticket (or what you want) to CC when the performance is degrading?

• - - - - - - Luc Roseberry
    Tivoli Certified
    ITIL Master Certified
    Roseberry International
    http://www.roseberry-international.com
  • GregoryHohertz
    GregoryHohertz
    2 Posts

‏2012-05-10T17:37:17Z  
    • jeter
    • ‏2012-04-25T15:41:59Z

Hatcher Jeter
    Luc is correct - this data does not reside on the TEPS. There are two supported methods of acquiring this data - either via the TDW (which would have at least a 15 minute delay), or via SOAP calls using CT_Get/SQL:

<CT_Get> <userid>sysadmin<userid> <password>xxxxx</password> <table>O4SRV.UTCTIME </table><sql>yoursqlquery</sql> </CT_Get>

Gregory Hohertz
    IBM Strategic Outsourcing Delivery
    ghohertz@us.ibm.com