Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-06-21T18:13:46Z by JAntley
CameronMcKenzie
CameronMcKenzie
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Cannot obtain IBM license for Portal Developer AMIs running on Amazon EC2

‏2012-04-24T16:44:45Z |
When you go to the page listing all of the developer AMIs available and hosted on Amazon's EC2 cloud, the link that takes you to the page providing the license required to actually use the AMI instance tanks, giving an error and eliminating the ability to obtain a license code, and thus, use the IBM Developer AMI instance.

Here is a listing of the development AMIs that IBM has hosted and available in Amazon's cloud

IBM Development AMIs running on Amazon EC2 with Novell® SuSE Linux
http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/global-solution-providers/ibm/

But when you click on a link, the page generates an error. It's like the pages have been moved or something. Only last week I was able to access the page without any errors being generated or displayed. For exmaple the following page did work, but now it fails with an error:

Amazon EC2 running IBM WebSphere Portal Server and Lotus Web Content Mgmt Std Ed - Dev Use Only
http://aws.amazon.com/items/2048?_encoding=UTF8&jiveRedirect=1

I am anxious to get re-running with these IBM Developer images so I can test out the WCM software and really understand if WebSphere Portal and their Web Content Management solution are right for my client. If I can't get any of these AMIs to work, I'm afraid we'll be recommending Liferay and Alfresco.

C'mon IBM, help me to convey the WebSphere Portal and WCM message to the world.
Updated on 2012-06-21T18:13:46Z at 2012-06-21T18:13:46Z by JAntley
  • CameronMcKenzie
    CameronMcKenzie
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Also Requested Developer Image Help from Amazon's Cloud and EC2 Forum

‏2012-04-24T16:47:25Z  in response to CameronMcKenzie
    Just for the record, I also posted the same website/license issue over at Amazon's site as well, just in case someone over at the book store has any idea as to what the problem accessing the "IBM WebSphere® Portal Server and Lotus Web Content Mgmt Standard Edition" AMI image might be.
    • CameronMcKenzie
      CameronMcKenzie
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Also Requested Developer Image Help from Amazon's Cloud and EC2 Forum

‏2012-04-24T16:48:30Z  in response to CameronMcKenzie
      And here's the link to that thread over at Amazon's Cloud Computing forum, which I forgot to add in the previous post:

https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=92882&tstart=0
      • CameronMcKenzie
        CameronMcKenzie
        4 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-24T17:34:08Z  in response to CameronMcKenzie
        I've managed to find a direct link to the page for the "IBM WebSphere Portal Server and Lotus Web Content Management Standard Edition 7.0 - Dev Use Only" AMI. All of the links on IBM's software pages for download and support continue to fail.

https://aws.amazon.com/amis/i bm-websphere-portal-server-and-lotus-web-content-management-standard-edition-7-0-dev-use-only

Note that before hitting the big "Launch AMI" button you need to go to the "Purchase Information" section on the page and click the following link:

https://aws-portal.amazon.com/gp/aws/user/subscription/index.htm l?offeringCode=28E61E7B

That gives you permissions within Amazon to use this software. Then go ahead and click the "Launch AMI button", and you're good!

DetailsSubmitted by:
        Provider: IBM
        License: Paid
        AMI Manifest: ibm-lotus/wp70_wpf_dev_20110106.manifest.xml
        Root Device Type: instance-store
        Architecture: i386
        Listed on: Apr 07, 2010 14:17 GMT
        Updated on: Mar 08, 2012 00:41 GMT

Software Included:
        2.6.16 level based SuSE SLES 10 SP 2 operating system
        WebSphere Portal Server v 7.0
        Lotus Web Content Management v7.0
        DB2 Enterprise Edition 9.1.0.5
        • JAntley
          JAntley
          124 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-25T18:30:50Z  in response to CameronMcKenzie
          Hello Cameron,

This thread has been brought to the attention of the appropriate people in IBM, and they also have communicated the problem to Amazon. Hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

Thanks,
          Jeff Antley
          developerWorks Feedback Team
          • JAntley
            JAntley
            124 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-21T18:13:46Z  in response to JAntley
            I have just received word that this issue has been resolved.

Jeff Antley
            developerWorks Feedback Team