• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-25T10:23:28Z by HermannSW
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts

Pinned topic Active member in AO self-balance cluster not balancing the load

‏2012-04-24T16:01:47Z |
Hi

I am having an issue that I can't find an answer for.

We have for xi50 DataPower in a AO cluster. The Active DataPower is not balancing load to the other DataPowers in the clusters.

I have checked everything I can think of.

When I look in the self-balanced-status on the active appliance I see that the other DataPowers are show with a weight or 0, so they will not be balanced to.

I have reloaded and rebooted one of the passive DataPowers with no change.

I then started taking packet captures. I can see the HSRP traffic between the DataPowers and I can see the broadcast traffic when I quiesce and unquiesce an application domain on on of the standby DataPowers, but nothing changes.

Any suggestion what can cause this issue.

This is happening in Production, so I will reload the active DataPower tonight to see if that fixes the problem.

Not happy with this as I would like to understand why, but production is production.
Updated on 2012-04-25T10:23:28Z at 2012-04-25T10:23:28Z by HermannSW
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4657 Posts

Re: Active member in AO self-balance cluster not balancing the load

‏2012-04-24T16:44:57Z  
    For production issues you should raise a PMR to get help.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> (myXsltTwitter)
  • swlinn
    swlinn
    1348 Posts

‏2012-04-25T00:37:26Z  
    There has been APARs related to the weight of a member being stuck at zero which have been fixed in recent fixpacks. What is your firmware version? I agree with Hermann that a PMR will verify your situation is the same as on fixed previously, but my bet is an upgrade to the latest fixpack will work for you.

Regards,
    Steve
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4657 Posts

‏2012-04-25T10:23:28Z  
    • swlinn
    • ‏2012-04-25T00:37:26Z
    There has been APARs related to the weight of a member being stuck at zero which have been fixed in recent fixpacks. What is your firmware version? I agree with Hermann that a PMR will verify your situation is the same as on fixed previously, but my bet is an upgrade to the latest fixpack will work for you.

Regards,
    Steve
    > There has been APARs related to the weight of a member being stuck at zero which have been fixed in recent fixpacks. ...
    >

APAR IC80760 "NETWORK STANDBY GROUP SELF BALANCED MEMBER WEIGHT CAN BECOME STUCK AT 1", fixed in 3.8.2.11, 4.0.1.8, and 4.0.2.4
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC80760

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> (myXsltTweets)