Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2015-04-08T21:38:09Z by SanketSahoo
ddbailie
ddbailie
13 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic IBM BPM iOS app now available on the App Store

‏2012-04-24T14:27:07Z |
The IBM Business Process Manager app is now available for free download from the Apple App Store:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id514082860?mt=8

Let us know if you have any feedback on the app.

Thanks,
David Bailie
Blueworks Live and Mobile BPM Development, Support, and Operations Manager

Edited by: admin on Apr 24, 2012 2:39 PM
Updated on 2012-07-03T20:48:00Z at 2012-07-03T20:48:00Z by ddbailie
  • jraman
    jraman
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IBM BPM iOS app now available on the App Store

‏2012-04-25T20:02:16Z  in response to ddbailie
    Hi David,

Good to see the next step in IBM BPM. We downloaded the App from the Apple Store and it asks for Host, Port number, Account name, User name and Password. I would assume that the Account name, User name and password would be the one used to login Blueworks Live. But could you help us on Host name and Port number ?

Regards,
    Ram
    • ddbailie
      ddbailie
      13 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-25T23:26:08Z  in response to jraman
      Hi Ram,

This app supports both the Business Process Manager and Blueworks Live products. IBM BPM is traditionally an on premise server (although there are some cloud options available now as well) and is more focused on process execution. Blueworks Live is IBM's SaaS BPM offering that includes the ability to automate simple checklist and approval tasks. These are called Automated Processes in Blueworks Live. Blueworks Live also provides process discovery, documentation, and analysis capabilities and is typically what people associate with Blueworks Live. This BPM iOS app does not integrate with the process discovery features in Blueworks Live, only the process automation features.

At the initial setup screen you are presented with options to setup either Blueworks Live or Business Process Manager accounts. The fields you describe are for the Business Process Manager accounts which requires a BPM 7.5.x or later server. Here are the fields you will need to fill out if you choose this option:
      Host: <this is the URL to your BPM server - it's the same base URL that you would use to login to the BPM Portal - without the /portal part>
      Port: <this is the port that your BPM server is running on>
      Account Name: <this is a friendly name that you can use to identify the server for the next time you log into the app. You can pick anything you want for this, but logically it should describe the account that you are using. i.e. You might use "BPM Dev Admin" for an admin user on your dev server. This field is especially useful if you will be connecting to multiple BPM servers. i.e. dev, test, production>
      User Name: <This is the user name that will be used to login to the BPM server. It's the same user you would use to login to the BPM Portal.>
      Password: <This is the password that goes with the user name. i.e It's the password that you would use to login to the BPM Portal.>

To setup a Blueworks Live account, you should tap the Blueworks Live button on the initial setup screen. This will only give you options for an Email and Password which should match the email and password you use to login to Blueworks Live.

After the initial setup you can always add additional accounts or modify your current settings by going to the Accounts option at the bottom of the screen.

Let me know if this helps. One of our planned enhancements is to provide some additional details/help at initial setup, so please pass on any questions or confusion so we can be sure to address those concerns.

Thanks,
      David Bailie
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        12 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-03T10:31:50Z  in response to ddbailie
        Hi David Bailie,

If we connect BPM Portal ,Can we able to run the service and see the UI screen or do we need to create a seperate UI for iphone app ?could you please attach some screen shots here
        • ddbailie
          ddbailie
          13 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-07-03T20:48:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          I'm not sure I understand your question. Being able to connect to the BPM Portal from mobile Safari is simply a way to test and make sure your iOS device has connectivity to your BPM server. When you run a task from your iOS device you will see the UI for the coach rendered with mobile safari. The coach should look similar to the way it looks on mobile Safari. You of course can create custom UIs by adding logic to the coach to detect the user agent and display an alternate UI or CSS. You will want to keep in mind the kind of devices and the screen real estate when designing your coaches, but worst case the users can always zoom the screen with standard pinch and zoom iOS capabilities. Does that answer the question?

You can see some screenshots of the BPM app in the Apple App Store here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id514082860?mt=8
      • NickLaughton
        NickLaughton
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-16T20:58:50Z  in response to ddbailie

Our Process Server is a multi-node environment with a load balancer, so the portal URL does not have a port number, like:

http://myserver.mydomain.com/ProcessPortal/

The app won't let me configure a connection without a port number - does it work with a load-balanced environment?  We managed to get it working by going directly to one node and specifying a port number.

Thanks

Nick

• ddbailie
          ddbailie
          13 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-16T22:43:22Z  in response to NickLaughton

Hi Nick,

Did you try using port 80 (or 443 is you are using ssl) since that's the default http (https) port?  I would expect that to work, but I've not tested it myself.  

• SanketSahoo
    SanketSahoo
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2015-04-08T21:38:09Z  in response to ddbailie

Any idea, how can I access the portal or software outside the corporate network or over internet ??