Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-04-25T13:46:18Z by NickSPB
NickSPB
NickSPB
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Start centers totally missed after installation

‏2012-04-24T13:24:13Z |
Hi all!
I'm a newbie in Maximo. I had installed Maximo Asset Managemnt 7.5 on RedHat Linux.
The problem is Nothing Start center for any users, including MAXADMIN.

What is a possible reason for this issue? What should I do for resolving it?
Thank you.
Regards,
Nikolay
Updated on 2012-04-25T13:46:18Z at 2012-04-25T13:46:18Z by NickSPB
  • NickSPB
    NickSPB
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Start centers totally missed after installation

‏2012-04-24T13:35:50Z  in response to NickSPB
    Problem message from screen is:

You do not have any Start Centers configured. Please contact your system administrator.
  • ChristaBarker
    ChristaBarker
    19 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-24T14:16:33Z  in response to NickSPB
    Hi,
    You can see what security privileges you currently have by looking at the Security Profile tab in the Users application.

You can get this error message when the user's security group doesn't have a start center configured. You can go to the Security Groups application, and create security groups and appropriate privileges to Applications there, such as StartCenter, etc. You can assign whatever users you want to any particular security group.

Hope that helps.
    Christa
    • NickSPB
      NickSPB
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-24T14:49:08Z  in response to ChristaBarker
      Thank you, Christa for reply

The problem is with MAXADMIN user and group. Its has appropriated security privileges for Start Center, but AFAIK Start center is absent (
      • Bowser
        Bowser
        81 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-24T19:24:58Z  in response to NickSPB
        It sounds like you did a "blank" install of the database, in which case this is normal: you are supposed to supply the start centers -- and, if memory serves, grant yourself permission to create them.

If you were to do a "maxdemo" install, the demo data would include some start centers. However, these would be for demonstration purposes only; they are unlikely to fit your business needs.

It sounds like you could use some training. If you review the profiles of users you respect on this forum, I'm sure you can find some who offer such training or who work for companies that do.

Bowser.
        • NickSPB
          NickSPB
          6 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-25T07:17:36Z  in response to Bowser
          Thank you for response, Bowser

I checked installation log according manual.
          There is message
          CTGIN2079I: Process automation engine database configuration completed successfully.
          presented.

So I suppose that installation (including DB) full completed. Is additional steps for DB population needed?

Yes, I am new in Maximo area. I work some years with other Tivoli products, like IBM Tivoli Monitoring and Netcool family.
          Regards,
          Nikolay
          • NickSPB
            NickSPB
            6 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-25T07:31:42Z  in response to NickSPB
            I checked maxinst log file on administrative workstation

It ended "BMXAA6820I - Maxinst completed without errors. Thu Apr 19 14:55:24 MSD 2012"

Maxinst creates "blank database" only?

Is additional population steps needed?

Regards,
            Nikolay
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              5842 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-25T10:58:04Z  in response to NickSPB
              Hello!

Bowser is correct in his statements about the differences between a MAXDEMO based environment and the MAXIMO based environment which is what the product installer will provide you with by default.

The message "Maxinst completed without errors." states that your server is ready for operation but you will not have any Start Center's defined by default which is the expected behavior.

The MAXDEMO based "demonstration" mode involves a different maxinst procedure to instruct the installation routine to use a different metadata catalog than what the product installer uses by default.

Most customers would not want the MAXDEMO as it contains sample users, table data, customized screens, etc that would not be applicable for your own usage.

Hope this helps,
              Richard
              • NickSPB
                NickSPB
                6 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-25T13:46:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                I installed MAXDEMO DB according installation manual without errors.
                But new problem occured. (
                I can not log in to Web interface. Nothing of users MAXADMIN, MXINTADM, MAXREG does work.
                Is MAXDEMO installation reset users or its passwords?

What is default for users credentials for MAXDEMO DB?

Thank you for suggestions

Regards,
                Nikolay