Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-11T20:24:17Z by SystemAdmin
Tim_L
Tim_L
12 Posts

Pinned topic Publish applications from Web Experience Factory 7.0.1 error message

‏2012-04-20T20:24:59Z |
Hello,

I have a server installed with Websphere Portal 7.0.0.2. I have deployed all the web modules (via WAR files), configured all the pages, put the required portlets on the pages. I then wanted to do a full transfer of the configuration to my local portal, so I followed the instructions in this document:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpdoc/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wp.ent.doc/wps/adxmltsk.html

(The instructions are found when you click on the Transferring a Complete Configuration link.) I followed the instructions and the transfer completed successfully.

The issue I have is now when I try and publish my Web Experience Factory 7.0.1 projects to my local portal, I get the following error messages:

com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommandException: EJPXA0043E: An error occurred while creating or updating the resource. http://web-app Z1_6VKQHPN618LOE0IDSVI75A24B2 uid=com.bowstreet.portlet.WebAppRunner2_Demand.webmod

com.ibm.wps.command.applications.AppDeployException: EJPPD0031E: It is not allowed to update the deployed WAR file PA_Demand.war with the predeployed EAR file /C:/WebSphere/wp_profile/installedApps/TLP5180161N1/Demand.ear/Demand.war. The error occurred in command UpdateWebApplication.

What do I need to change to be able to test/run from Web Experience Factory again?
Updated on 2012-05-11T20:24:17Z at 2012-05-11T20:24:17Z by SystemAdmin
  • kevintap
    kevintap
    111 Posts

Re: Publish applications from Web Experience Factory 7.0.1 error message

‏2012-04-21T13:21:21Z  
    This error is caused because you have duplicate IDs between two different .ear/.war files in the system. When you transferred your configuration, it copied the application PA_Demand.war into your local portal. The designer is building a new application Demand.ear/Demand.war using the same IDs (portlet-app id) as the already deployed PA_Demand.war.

In order to be able to publish from the designer again, you'll need to go into the WAS Admin Console and uninstall the PA_Demand.war application.
  • Tim_L
    Tim_L
    12 Posts

‏2012-04-23T15:48:42Z  
    • kevintap
    • ‏2012-04-21T13:21:21Z
    This error is caused because you have duplicate IDs between two different .ear/.war files in the system. When you transferred your configuration, it copied the application PA_Demand.war into your local portal. The designer is building a new application Demand.ear/Demand.war using the same IDs (portlet-app id) as the already deployed PA_Demand.war.

In order to be able to publish from the designer again, you'll need to go into the WAS Admin Console and uninstall the PA_Demand.war application.
    Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. I uninstalled the PA_Demand application via the WAS console, restarted my server, and tried to publish again with the same result. I can see that PA_Demand is still listed in my Web Modules in Portal, and when I access a page with a portlet in that Web Module on it, the page displays Portlet is temporarily disabled. That tell me the PA_Demand object is still defined in the database which is a good thing. Also, a new application is created in WAS called Demand, and it is running. I can test my WEF development using that application, however when I try and access it in Portal it doesn't work.

It almost seems like when I publish from WEF it can't marry up the fact that Demand is one in the same as PA_Demand, and therefore overwrite it.

One other thought I had was to generate a WAR file for production deployment from WEF and update the PA_Demand in Portal with that file. Any thoughts if that will accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1493 Posts

‏2012-05-11T20:24:17Z  
    • Tim_L
    • ‏2012-04-23T15:48:42Z
    Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. I uninstalled the PA_Demand application via the WAS console, restarted my server, and tried to publish again with the same result. I can see that PA_Demand is still listed in my Web Modules in Portal, and when I access a page with a portlet in that Web Module on it, the page displays Portlet is temporarily disabled. That tell me the PA_Demand object is still defined in the database which is a good thing. Also, a new application is created in WAS called Demand, and it is running. I can test my WEF development using that application, however when I try and access it in Portal it doesn't work.

It almost seems like when I publish from WEF it can't marry up the fact that Demand is one in the same as PA_Demand, and therefore overwrite it.

One other thought I had was to generate a WAR file for production deployment from WEF and update the PA_Demand in Portal with that file. Any thoughts if that will accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks!
    Unfortunately you will have to remove the application from the Portal administration console as well. If there are still references to PA_Demand you will not be able to publish for the reasons pointed out above. I would suggest completely removing the PA_Demand and Demand applications from the system prior to starting a publish once more.

In the future I wouldn't recommend copying the configuration as you did if you still want to publish the application from the designer.

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM