Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-05T17:36:57Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic Escalate feature not working in BPM 7.5.1?

‏2012-04-20T17:26:33Z |
I am trying to find out if there is a security role or something else that needs to be given for this feature to work correctly.
If I log into the Process Admin Console as an administrator, and then click on Process Inspector, and then on an active task, there is a link on the right side context menu called "Escalate".
From the Escalate pop up window, I have the option to Reassign, with the sub options of "back to group" or a text box where i can enter a user or group name, I enter a valid username in this box and click on Escalate.
The popup closes and nothing else happens, the task is not reassigned or changed in any visible way.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Thanks,

Joel
Updated on 2012-10-05T17:36:57Z at 2012-10-05T17:36:57Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

Re: Escalate feature not working in BPM 7.5.1?

‏2012-04-25T14:13:30Z  
    No resolution to this yet. It looks like it may be a bug in BPM 7.5.1. Is this working for anyone else?

Thanks,

Joel
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

‏2012-04-25T16:31:26Z  
    No resolution to this yet. It looks like it may be a bug in BPM 7.5.1. Is this working for anyone else?

Thanks,

Joel
    Hi there Joel, you did the right thing (opinion) bumping this thread in the forum. On occasion posts get skipped over by potential responders and a re-bump is never a bad thing, especially after 5 days of inactivity.

I took the time to create a BPD with a Human Task in it, ran the BPD, opened Process Admin and went to Inspector. From there I selected the task and re-assigned it from "All Users" to a named user and ... it worked as expected. The task was now owned by the named user.

Can you clarify exactly the steps you performed? Maybe take screen shots of every step and paste them into a document with comments, turn it into a PDF and post as an attachment to the thread. I for one will read it over and comment as I can.

Neil
  • AnthonyBpm
    AnthonyBpm
    390 Posts

‏2012-04-25T19:45:16Z  
    Check 99Local and the "default-action-policy"...

You need to specify the roles for the actions that you're looking for. I believe this corresponds to

<action type=
    "ACTION_REASSIGN_TASK">

Update that via a 100Custom (or its equal).

Give that a shot..
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-10-04T21:01:00Z  
    Check 99Local and the "default-action-policy"...

You need to specify the roles for the actions that you're looking for. I believe this corresponds to
    <pre class="jive-pre"> <action type= "ACTION_REASSIGN_TASK"> </pre>

Update that via a 100Custom (or its equal).

Give that a shot..
    I have the same problem. Any thoughts?
    and I did what AnthonyBpm suggested...
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-10-04T21:10:32Z  
    I have the same problem. Any thoughts?
    and I did what AnthonyBpm suggested...
    What is the original assignment and who are you are you reassigning it to. There may be some rules in place like "You can't reassign a task that started with a group to a user that is not in that group."

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-10-05T14:58:20Z  
    What is the original assignment and who are you are you reassigning it to. There may be some rules in place like "You can't reassign a task that started with a group to a user that is not in that group."

Hi Andrew

The routing in this step is assigned to a "list of users", particularly the user "tw.local.gerente.id", which is obtained in a previous step based on certain information. So this step is assigned directly to the user. This person is on vacation, and I need to map these instances to another user to complete them.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-10-05T16:57:37Z  
    Hi Andrew

The routing in this step is assigned to a "list of users", particularly the user "tw.local.gerente.id", which is obtained in a previous step based on certain information. So this step is assigned directly to the user. This person is on vacation, and I need to map these instances to another user to complete them.
    Is it routing to "list of users" with just one user, or is it routing to "Custom" with that user's ID as the value? Why do I care? Because "list of users" becomes a group under the covers, so if you assigned to a list of users with only one user, you are likely hitting the security restriction I mentioned, which is if a task started out assigned to a group, the portal UI only allows you to re-assign to other members of that group.

Had it been assigned to the user only, there would be no group, so that rule would not come into play.

The JS-API allows you to avoid this restriction, however you will need to write your own services to expose it...

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-10-05T17:36:57Z  
    Is it routing to "list of users" with just one user, or is it routing to "Custom" with that user's ID as the value? Why do I care? Because "list of users" becomes a group under the covers, so if you assigned to a list of users with only one user, you are likely hitting the security restriction I mentioned, which is if a task started out assigned to a group, the portal UI only allows you to re-assign to other members of that group.

Had it been assigned to the user only, there would be no group, so that rule would not come into play.

The JS-API allows you to avoid this restriction, however you will need to write your own services to expose it...

Ok Andrew,

Indeed that is the problem. I have a list of users with a single user defined in it ...

Anyway, thank you very much for your answers, they were very helpful.

Nicolás Bustamante