Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-04-18T13:09:33Z by shiridisai
shiridisai
shiridisai
9 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic iteration rate in loop in the script

‏2012-04-17T17:03:55Z |
I have some questions regarding iteration rate in loop in the test script.
1) Ieration one per minute means RPT completes the script within a minute for one iteration . Is that right?
2) My script takes to complete 3 minutes to one iteration. How RPT handles this one If I give iterarion rate 1 per minue.
3) I want to run the iteration one per 5 minutes. How to give that information in a loop. is that equql to iteration 12 per hour?
Updated on 2012-04-18T13:09:33Z at 2012-04-18T13:09:33Z by shiridisai
  • KMooney
    KMooney
    282 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: iteration rate in loop in the script

‏2012-04-17T18:49:44Z  in response to shiridisai
    Regarding your questions...
    1) Iteration one per minute means RPT will attempt the script at a rate of one per minute. It is possible the script might take more than one minute to complete.
    2) If the script takes 3 minutes to complete an iteration rate of 1 per minute means RPT will be repeatedly executing the script and the iteration rate is essentially meaningless.
    3) Yes, 12 per hour means one iteration every 5 minutes.
    • shiridisai
      shiridisai
      9 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-17T19:01:10Z  in response to KMooney
      Thank you KMooney .
      If I select control rate 12 per hour and select randomly vary the delay between iterations.
      my script has 3 iterations and created schedule with 20 users.
      20 users enter in to the system and run the script first iteration and will wait for some time based on random number and starts the second iteration and completes that iteration within 5 minutes. is it correct?
      • KMooney
        KMooney
        282 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-18T11:58:10Z  in response to shiridisai
        Yes, very close to that. Without an initial delay the 20 users will execute the first iteration of the loop. Then the users will perform a random delay. The random value is a negative exponential distribution with an average of 5 minutes. I have attached a document that describes the RPT paced loop in detail.