Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-19T12:52:14Z by Shikharani
Shikharani
Shikharani
29 Posts

Pinned topic Issue in Sort function after upgarde to 7.0

‏2012-04-17T12:55:31Z |
I have upgraded my local workspace to WPF 7.0. But for some pages the sort functionality is not coming. Sort fuctionality is coming for all pages in normal view but in some pages on click of view all link it is not coming. I have observed in all the pages and my observation is the pages where we are using same datalist for normal and maximum page (In data_defination xml also)The sort option is not coming. I have attached the screenshot of the UserIterface
and also the RDD file we are using for formatting
a) In which sort is working
b0 in which sort is not coming

please help me and let me know where should I do the changes.
Updated on 2012-04-19T12:52:14Z at 2012-04-19T12:52:14Z by Shikharani
  • mburati
    mburati
    425 Posts

Re: Issue in Sort function after upgarde to 7.0

‏2012-04-17T13:08:39Z  
    I didn't see anything obvious in a first glance through what you posted.

Try a browser debugger (Firebug, chrome debugger or IE devtools) to see if there are any background AJAX or image request failures (404 or otherwise) or JS errors occurring when the sorting is not working.

If that doesn't help then try inspecting the DOM element with one of those browser debuggers to see if it's trying to apply sorting to columns in both pages, in the same way, or different or not at all where it's not working.

If the above 2 techniques don't help then try starting designer with "-debug -console" to see if there is any additional page automation info spit out to the designer debug console during regen.

If you could post a non-confidential non-proprietary sample that exhibits the same behavior, it may help someone isolate the problem.

..mb1
  • Shikharani
    Shikharani
    29 Posts

‏2012-04-17T15:22:55Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2012-04-17T13:08:39Z
    I didn't see anything obvious in a first glance through what you posted.

Try a browser debugger (Firebug, chrome debugger or IE devtools) to see if there are any background AJAX or image request failures (404 or otherwise) or JS errors occurring when the sorting is not working.

If that doesn't help then try inspecting the DOM element with one of those browser debuggers to see if it's trying to apply sorting to columns in both pages, in the same way, or different or not at all where it's not working.

If the above 2 techniques don't help then try starting designer with "-debug -console" to see if there is any additional page automation info spit out to the designer debug console during regen.

If you could post a non-confidential non-proprietary sample that exhibits the same behavior, it may help someone isolate the problem.

..mb1
    I am attaching the the source code of normal page and maximized page.
    I don't know would that help in identifying the issue.Please let me know if helped in understanding the issue.

Thanks
    Shikha
  • mburati
    mburati
    425 Posts

‏2012-04-17T15:54:36Z  
    I am attaching the the source code of normal page and maximized page.
    I don't know would that help in identifying the issue.Please let me know if helped in understanding the issue.

Thanks
    Shikha
    The html for those two pages (normal vs maximized) definitely looks different, and the maximized version is missing pieces needed to support the sorting, although parts are there, so it looks like it did try to generate sortable columns there but then something went wrong and it wasn't completed. That means using a browser debugger to look for problems is not likely to help find this particular problem - it's something happening on the server side page generation, not in JS in the client, that appears to be having trouble.

In general, maximized just gives your portlet more room on the page so I would expect the generated HTML to be similar.

Are you doing anything explicit/intentional in your model to try to make it look different between normal window state and maximized (eg, visibility setter(s) that may be hiding too much in maximized mode)? Are there any errors in the deployed WAR's WEB-INF/logs/event.log that may explain why the page doesn't appear to be generated correctly in maximize mode?

Are you profiling based on portlet window state/mode? That would not typically be recommended because then you would have different webapp instances (with different data) betwen the two modes...

..mb1
  • Shikharani
    Shikharani
    29 Posts

‏2012-04-19T12:52:14Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2012-04-17T15:54:36Z
    The html for those two pages (normal vs maximized) definitely looks different, and the maximized version is missing pieces needed to support the sorting, although parts are there, so it looks like it did try to generate sortable columns there but then something went wrong and it wasn't completed. That means using a browser debugger to look for problems is not likely to help find this particular problem - it's something happening on the server side page generation, not in JS in the client, that appears to be having trouble.

In general, maximized just gives your portlet more room on the page so I would expect the generated HTML to be similar.

Are you doing anything explicit/intentional in your model to try to make it look different between normal window state and maximized (eg, visibility setter(s) that may be hiding too much in maximized mode)? Are there any errors in the deployed WAR's WEB-INF/logs/event.log that may explain why the page doesn't appear to be generated correctly in maximize mode?

Are you profiling based on portlet window state/mode? That would not typically be recommended because then you would have different webapp instances (with different data) betwen the two modes...

..mb1
    I have replaced Data column modifiers By RDD files after that it is working.
    Thanks
    Shikha