Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-04-16T18:16:33Z by egower
egower
egower
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic What turns on/off the modified data tag on a subfile record?

‏2012-04-16T17:27:29Z |
I'm aware that a user changing a record in a subfile and programmatically issuing an update to a subfile record with the SFLNXTCHG keyword active will set on the modified data tag. I am not exactly certain about each of the following:

READC (I'm fairly sure this sets off the tag)
CHAIN (no clue here)
WRITE with SFLNXTCHG active
UPDATE with SFLNXTCHG not active (I'm not certain this can happen unless readc or chain does not effect a set tag)

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.
Updated on 2012-04-16T18:16:33Z at 2012-04-16T18:16:33Z by egower
  • barbara_morris
    barbara_morris
    383 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: What turns on/off the modified data tag on a subfile record?

‏2012-04-16T17:40:57Z  in response to egower
    Hi Ed, I assume you're asking this related to Open Access. The SFLNXTCHG keyword is completely transparent to RPG, managed and used entirely within data management, so I don't have any idea how or when it's set.

For this particular question, you might have more luck finding someone who knows how that keyword works if you post your question in the more general IBM i forum.
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=2675

To help those folks understand your question, here is the mapping between the RPG subfile opcodes and data management operations:

READC is "get-direct" with options _OPT_GETD, _OPT_DATA_AR_NORM, and _OPT_NXTMOD
    CHAIN is "get-direct" with options _OPT_GETD and _OPT_ABSRRN
    WRITE is "put" with option _OPT_PUT
    UPDATE is "update" with option _OPT_UPK_RLSRCD
    • egower
      egower
      7 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: What turns on/off the modified data tag on a subfile record?

‏2012-04-16T18:16:33Z  in response to barbara_morris
      Thanks Barbara. You assumed correctly. We finally got busy with our handler (we let it set for almost 2 years due to higher priorites) and experienced a problem related to subfiles that made me question how I was dealing with the modified data tag. I will repost in the other forum. I really apreciate your info on this and my prior post about the infsr.