Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-26T08:25:52Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
161 Posts

Pinned topic How to add calender control to my PHP app?

‏2012-04-16T11:13:20Z |
Hi, I would like to add a calender control to my PHP app. So people don't have to enter '01.01.2001' but can select the date with the mouse. Can somebody please recommend any libraries or tools for this? JavaScript libraries maybe? Or is there a pure PHP solution?

Thanks in advance.

Markus
Updated on 2012-04-26T08:25:52Z at 2012-04-26T08:25:52Z by SystemAdmin
  • krook
    krook
    2 Posts

Re: How to add calender control to my PHP app?

‏2012-04-16T13:12:51Z  
    Markus,

I would suggest jQuery's Datepicker for this. It's all client side, no dependency on PHP or anything else on the server.

http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/
    Daniel Krook
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    161 Posts

‏2012-04-24T15:49:07Z  
    • krook
    • ‏2012-04-16T13:12:51Z
    Markus,

I would suggest jQuery's Datepicker for this. It's all client side, no dependency on PHP or anything else on the server.

http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/
    Daniel Krook
    Hi Daniel, thank you for your reply. It looks like there are some JavaScript libraries that provide Datepicker. MooTools, for example, has one too. However, according to Wikipedia, "jQuery is the most popular JavaScript library in use today."

What do you think? Have you tried other libraries than jQuery?

Markus
  • krook
    krook
    2 Posts

‏2012-04-25T13:03:33Z  
    Hi Daniel, thank you for your reply. It looks like there are some JavaScript libraries that provide Datepicker. MooTools, for example, has one too. However, according to Wikipedia, "jQuery is the most popular JavaScript library in use today."

What do you think? Have you tried other libraries than jQuery?

Markus
    Hi Markus,

Yes, the reason I suggested jQuery is that it's the de facto standard JavaScript framework.

However, the Dojo Toolkit is also popular. IBM has contributed all sorts of internationalization and accessibility features to Dojo, and uses it within many of its own products.

I've used both, but I recommend you compare the two and see which works best for you. That is, you might want to choose one over the other if there are other features beyond a date picker you need for this project.

Daniel Krook
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    161 Posts

‏2012-04-26T08:25:52Z  
    • krook
    • ‏2012-04-25T13:03:33Z
    Hi Markus,

Yes, the reason I suggested jQuery is that it's the de facto standard JavaScript framework.

However, the Dojo Toolkit is also popular. IBM has contributed all sorts of internationalization and accessibility features to Dojo, and uses it within many of its own products.

I've used both, but I recommend you compare the two and see which works best for you. That is, you might want to choose one over the other if there are other features beyond a date picker you need for this project.

Daniel Krook
    Thanks a lot. I'll have a look at both libraries.

Kind regards

Markus