• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-21T23:17:40Z by SystemAdmin
sathishgandham
sathishgandham
1 Post

Pinned topic Configuring directory services (LDAP) with WebSphere Commerce

‏2012-04-13T17:39:32Z |
Hi All,

We are planning to update the commerce to use LDAP as a master user repositery . we are trying to understand the process involved in migrating current user profiles in the commerce db to LDAP.

1. Is there anyway to migrate user passwords from DB to LDAP .(I assume commerce doesnt allow decrypting the passwords but i would like to if I am wrong)
2.Is there any massLoadUtility to export the user profiles from commerceDB to LDAP.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Satish
Updated on 2012-04-21T23:17:40Z at 2012-04-21T23:17:40Z by SystemAdmin
  • jwbarnes
    jwbarnes
    42 Posts

Re: Configuring directory services (LDAP) with WebSphere Commerce

‏2012-04-20T21:19:02Z  
    it might be encrypted with the merchant key but not sure. You might try and dump the userreg table, and build an ldif file from that to use to load your ldap server

IBM Certified System Administrator -- WebSphere Portal V6.0,
    IBM Certified Solution Developer -- WebSphere Portal v6.0, v6.1, V7.0

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8614 Posts

Re: Configuring directory services (LDAP) with WebSphere Commerce

‏2012-04-21T23:17:40Z  
    You'll see the user data migrated after you enabled LDAP, the first time they log in to the site. Any user who does not exist in LDAP is created. you do have to decide what data you post to the LDAP with configuration and understanding of your ldapentry file. You might want to familiarize yourself with the WebSphere Commerce InfoCenter, if you're not already using that documentation, since the question you ask is already outlined there, including testing your configuration. If you're not familiar with LDAP concepts then you should hire a consultant from IBM or an IBM Business Partner who does or expect to take a much longer time with trial and error.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wchelp/v7r0m0/topic/com.ibm.commerce.admin.doc/tasks/tmstestingmmldap.htm

geo

George Niece
    WebSphere Commerce Jedi Master
    eGlobal Solutions
    http://www.eGlobal-Sol.com
    Twitter: @WebSphrCommerce