Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-22T15:35:39Z by DanielWagemann
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
15496 Posts

Pinned topic How to increase drill through performance?

‏2012-04-10T15:40:52Z |
Hi all,

I have a report which has an ability to drill thru to another report. When I click on drill through column it is taking too much time to get the target report. But, when I run the target report alone (not drilling through) it is giving an output in much less time.
What could be the reason? How to improve performance of drill through?

Any help is appreciated.
Updated on 2013-01-22T15:35:39Z at 2013-01-22T15:35:39Z by DanielWagemann
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

Re: How to increase drill through performance?

‏2012-04-10T21:08:20Z  
    I would recommend that you contact IBM support for help with this problem. This type of issue has been reported before and there have been code changes as a result of some of these reported problems.
  • NareshJasthi
    NareshJasthi
    1 Post

‏2012-04-16T14:06:45Z  
    I would recommend that you contact IBM support for help with this problem. This type of issue has been reported before and there have been code changes as a result of some of these reported problems.
    Hello,

did you get any response from IBM or is this issue resolved?

thanks,
    Naresh
  • KevinSlanicky
    KevinSlanicky
    74 Posts

‏2013-01-21T14:08:28Z  
    Hello,

did you get any response from IBM or is this issue resolved?

thanks,
    Naresh
    I'm seeing this same thing in Cognos 10.1

Has anything been confirmed by IBM? Are there any fixes/suggestions to improve this?
  • DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    411 Posts

‏2013-01-22T15:35:39Z  
    I'm seeing this same thing in Cognos 10.1

Has anything been confirmed by IBM? Are there any fixes/suggestions to improve this?
    It might be worth while to start your own thread.... that being said... I usually start this off by asking how long does the target report take to run outside of the drill? This includes the time to the prompts.

What type of drill through is it? Report Authored?, Package drill? Dynamic Filter?

What happens to the drill through time when you start to reduce the number of prompts involved?