Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-11T05:38:46Z by MJonker
MJonker
MJonker
17 Posts

Pinned topic How to display community content on a Portal page associated with it?

‏2012-04-10T12:55:48Z |
Hi,

I have a portal page associated with a community in Connections (through the UI, which works nice, well done !).

But I am not sure what to do next, I put some connections portlets on the page, but they show generic connections blogs/bookmarks...

I am missing a step ?

The only thing the log displays is this:
File not found: /semanticTag/javascript/vcard.js4/10/12 8:44:48:971 EDT 00000095 filter E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper service SRVE8109W: Uncaught exception thrown by filter Extensible Filter: java.io.FileNotFoundException: SRVE0190E: File not found: /semanticTag/javascript/vcard.js
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor._processEDR(DefaultExtensionProcessor.java:893)

But I don't think that this is related to this particular page, I also get it on other connections related pages.

TIA

Michel
Updated on 2012-04-11T05:38:46Z at 2012-04-11T05:38:46Z by MJonker
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    32 Posts

Re: How to display community content on a Portal page associated with it?

‏2012-04-10T22:00:24Z  
    Hi Michel,

Along with the beta download for Portal 8 (https://www14.software.ibm.com/iwm/web/cc/earlyprograms/lotus/portalopenbeta/download.shtml), there is a download for a set of Connections portlets:

IBM Connections Portlets Preview for IBM WebSphere Portal V8.0
    https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/preLogin.do?source=swerplotus-icppwp8-3

Are you using this set of portlets or the 3.0.1 portlets from the Business Solutions Catalog?

You will need to use the preview of the portlets provided on the download site. The 3.0.1 portlets on the solutions catalog are not aware of community page associations. In addition to the normal config for the portlets, to use them on a community page you might have to go into the edit default settings mode of the portlet and select to scope the portlet content to the community. I believe that will likely be the default with the final release so it is automatically scoped.

The generally available and fully supported version of these portlets for Portal 8 is still being worked, but for now you can try the preview portlets to get an idea of how the community pages concept works.
  • MJonker
    MJonker
    17 Posts

Re: How to display community content on a Portal page associated with it?

‏2012-04-11T05:38:46Z  
    Hi Michel,

Along with the beta download for Portal 8 (https://www14.software.ibm.com/iwm/web/cc/earlyprograms/lotus/portalopenbeta/download.shtml), there is a download for a set of Connections portlets:

IBM Connections Portlets Preview for IBM WebSphere Portal V8.0
    https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/preLogin.do?source=swerplotus-icppwp8-3

Are you using this set of portlets or the 3.0.1 portlets from the Business Solutions Catalog?

You will need to use the preview of the portlets provided on the download site. The 3.0.1 portlets on the solutions catalog are not aware of community page associations. In addition to the normal config for the portlets, to use them on a community page you might have to go into the edit default settings mode of the portlet and select to scope the portlet content to the community. I believe that will likely be the default with the final release so it is automatically scoped.

The generally available and fully supported version of these portlets for Portal 8 is still being worked, but for now you can try the preview portlets to get an idea of how the community pages concept works.
    Thanks Jon,

I have now a community page with a blog portlet on it, that actually displays the blogentries for the blog for that community, so that is great.

However, this seems to be the only portlet that has this behaviour, activities, bookmarks, tags all show general items.

And an additional question: in the download I found this folder/jar DisplayProvider/com.ibm.lconn.lcaccelerator.dpp.jar . But unlike the POCResolver there is no documentation on the purpose of this jar file. Maybe you know what this is for ?

Thanks again.

Michel