Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-09-10T06:46:46Z by FredGerard
OPanciera
OPanciera
22 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic nco_config failed to contact Object Server

‏2012-04-10T10:56:08Z |
nco_config is not able to communicate with the ObjectServer (ObjectServer running). However, when connecting to the ObjectServer via nco_sql or nco_event both are able to connect

Someone could help me?
Updated on 2012-04-10T14:19:37Z at 2012-04-10T14:19:37Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1283 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: nco_config failed to contact Object Server

‏2012-04-10T14:19:37Z  in response to OPanciera
    Hi,

Are you running nco_config or Admin GUI from a different machine (IP) than where the Objectserver is running? if so may be you have to make sure couple of things on that machine where you are running nco_config

1. Do you have sql.ini for the Object server
    2. have etry for the hostname (where Objectserver is running) in the hosts file?
    3. Also check if any firewall turned on the objcetserver machine?
    4. I understand you are able to connect to nco_sql or eventlist using your login so there may not be issues with login? are you using same login for nco_config?

Thanks,
    Raji.
  • Jasjit Singh
    Jasjit Singh
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-27T14:48:07Z  in response to OPanciera

Hi,

I am facing the same issue and not able to connect to Objectserver via admin gui (from a different server). There error I get is "Failed to contact ObjetServer"

But nco_sql works fine. 

Did you manage to find a resolution?

• FredGerard
      FredGerard
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-09-10T06:46:46Z  in response to Jasjit Singh

Hi,

I faced same problem but from the same server. Don't if it'll help you, here's how i solved it : in $OMNIHOME/etc/NCOMS..props file, check the value for PA.Name, PA.Password and PA.Username. The latter two have to be credentials of the user running nco_pad process. If you use PAM authentication, password must be set in plain text.

Regards.