Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-04-11T13:31:45Z by DGawron
RLStoner
RLStoner
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Using WEF CRUD for IBM-Netezza Appliance tables?

‏2012-04-09T17:11:00Z |
Has anyone hooked up a WEF front-end to an IBM-Netezza appliance? Does anyone have suggestions on how to approach this?
I would like to use WEF to build on-line maintenance pages for look-up and reference tables on our IBM-Netezza data warehouse appliance. The tests that I've built so far with simple SQL Data Services or SQL Call builders are failing on actions that try to modify the Netezza table (insert / update / delete).

The exception thrown is "org.netezza.error.NzMethodNotImplementedException: netezza.unimplemented".

I contacted Netezza support and they indicated that not all parts of the JDBC spec have been implemented in their JDBC JAR.

Other misc info:
  • I do have rights to update the table.
  • I was able to write a command-line Java program that uses the Netezza JDBC Jar library to prepareStatement(qry) and stmt.executeUpdate() on the table.
  • Netezza support responded with:
And here is the list of methods that we do not support:
1. prepareStatement(String sql, int autoGeneratedKeys)
2. prepareStatement(String sql, int[] columnIndexes)
3. prepareStatement(String sql, String[] columnNames)
  • Stack Trace generated by the WEF code:
org.netezza.error.NzMethodNotImplementedException: netezza.unimplemented
at org.netezza.sql.NzConnection.prepareStatement(NzConnection.java:1839)
at org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ConnectionHandle.prepareStatement(ConnectionHandle.java:241)
at com.bowstreet.builders.webapp.methods.SqlStatementHelper.createJdbcStatement(SqlStatementHelper.java:652)
at com.bowstreet.builders.webapp.methods.SqlStatementHelper.createStatement(SqlStatementHelper.java:805)
at com.bowstreet.builders.webapp.methods.SqlStatementHelper.createStatement(SqlStatementHelper.java:737)
at genjava._mdlNzEmp.dataSvcNzEmpCrudUpdateInvokeBase(_mdlNzEmp.java:715)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
<snip>
Updated on 2012-04-11T13:31:45Z at 2012-04-11T13:31:45Z by DGawron
  • DGawron
    DGawron
    250 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Using WEF CRUD for IBM-Netezza Appliance tables?

‏2012-04-11T13:31:45Z  in response to RLStoner
    It's very unlikely you'll be able to use the SQL builders with Netezza because of the incomplete Netezza JDBC driver implementation. What I would suggest is to create one or more LJOs that call Netezza directly and avoid the unimplemented parts of JSBC.