Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-04-18T10:00:39Z by Varalakshmi_P
Varalakshmi_P
Varalakshmi_P
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic IBM Cognos Configuration Version 10 instance lock error

‏2012-04-09T12:03:02Z |
I got IBM Cognos Framework manager version 10.1 installed recenty.
While accessing Cognos Configuration for the first time, i got error:
"The Configuration Data is locked by another instance of IBM Cognos Configuration. This can occur if you have another instance of IBM Cognos Configuration currently running from the same directory, or if IBM Cognos Configuration did not shut down properly the last time you used it. If you continue, editing the configuration data may result in errors. If you have another instance of IBM Cognos Configuration currently running, close one instance. Otherwise, click Exit , go to the ibmcognos_location/configuration directory and then delete the cogstartup.lock file."

When i checked, there is no other instance running. Also there is no such lock file in the Configuration directory.

Also, in Framework Manager, am not able to open/create models. getting the below error
'Loading Project failed ' "QE-DEF-0510 Cannot create directory: '../bin\../data/cqe/RTModels' ".

while trying to open/create models. My OS is Windows 7 32-Bit OS.

Can anyone help me out in this.

Thanks in Advance
Updated on 2012-04-18T10:00:39Z at 2012-04-18T10:00:39Z by Varalakshmi_P
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IBM Cognos Configuration Version 10 instance lock error

‏2012-04-09T13:59:44Z  in response to Varalakshmi_P
    Hi Swarna_Rekha,

For QE-DEF-0510 Cannot create directory Error:

Have you checked whether Gateway and Dispatcher URI of FM Configuration Correctly Configured.

Make sure Framework Manager's Cognos Configuration has the correct Gateway and Dispatcher URI.
    Steps:

1. Open Framework Manager Cognos Configuration
    2. In the Explorer Pane, click on Environment
    3. Ensure Gateway URI and Dispatcher URI for external applications has the correct IBM Cognos 8 BI Server URI's.

If unsure what the Gateway URI and Dispatcher URI needs to be set to, you can check it in the Cognos 8 BI Server's Cognos Configuration.

Thanks,
    Sam.
  • JohnWilkinson
    JohnWilkinson
    62 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-15T12:30:38Z  in response to Varalakshmi_P
    This sounds like permissions. In Windows 7 or Server 2008, even if your user is an administrator, you may need to right click the Cognos Configuration link and choose "run as administrator".

This should fix it - you get the "Instance Lock" message if you don't have the required permissions to run Cognos Configuration.
    • Varalakshmi_P
      Varalakshmi_P
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-18T10:00:39Z  in response to JohnWilkinson
      Thanks John. That was because of permission problem only.
      Administrator access to the machine which we work on is enough.
      For me it is working now. No need to right click & run as administrator even.
      Admin access resolved both Cognos Configuration and Framework Manager issue as well.