Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-04-13T13:15:52Z by Mikya
Mikya
Mikya
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Installing DB2 Express-C 9.7.5 on Fedora 16

‏2012-04-06T14:44:22Z |
I'm having troubles installing DB2 Express-C 9.7.5 on a Fedora 16 virtual machine.

The DB2 Setup Launchpad starts successfully, but when I click on 'Install New' for DB2 Express-C, nothing happens, it keeps loading for several minutes and I eventually get the following error message:

DBI1501E An internal error was encountered.
Explanation: An error was detected while performing an internal operation.
User response: Verify that the file system on which the file resides is not damaged.

I have installed the required libraries (i.e. libaio and compat-libstdc++).

I know that Fedora is not officially supported, but still I would like to find a way to install it.

Any ideas why it's not working, and how I could make it work?

Thanks in advance for your answers :)
Updated on 2012-04-13T13:15:52Z at 2012-04-13T13:15:52Z by Mikya
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Installing DB2 Express-C 9.7.5 on Fedora 16

‏2012-04-08T19:42:15Z  in response to Mikya
    Well in case if db2setup is not working then you can use command line utility called db2_install.
    The diff between two is db2setup will copy the binaries and create the instance but db2_install will just copy the binaries only, to create an instance you need to call db2icrt utility from the installation path.

Now coming back to the error, I have tried 97fp5 GUI installation on fedora virtual box and installation went fine. If you can provide me the trace file then definitely I will be able to help you out. Try below command to get the trace file.

db2setup -t <trace file> -l <log file>

In case if db2_install also does not work properly then get the trace file of this utility by running below command-

db2_install -t <trace file> -l <log file>
    Thanks
    • Mikya
      Mikya
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-10T09:23:51Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks for your answer.

I tried db2_install and it seems to work. I will try to play with db2icrt to create an instance manually.

Concerning the error, I get 3 different trace files (<trace_file>_lp, <trace_file>.jtrc, <trace_file>.ctrc). I attached them with my message.

Let me know if you find something interesting. Could it be the TCP problem in the .jtrc, around 14074th line?

Thanks again for your support.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        5837 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-10T16:06:14Z  in response to Mikya
        It looks like some entries of previous DB2 installation still there in /etc/services. Delete those entries manually and try to run the GUI setup again.

Thanks
        • Mikya
          Mikya
          4 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-13T07:20:55Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          I tried to remove all the entries containing 'db2' in /etc/services and I got the same error. You'll find the new traces attached, in case you want to check what's wrong. Thanks!