Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-13T13:15:52Z by Mikya
Mikya
Mikya
4 Posts

Pinned topic Installing DB2 Express-C 9.7.5 on Fedora 16

‏2012-04-06T14:44:22Z |
I'm having troubles installing DB2 Express-C 9.7.5 on a Fedora 16 virtual machine.

The DB2 Setup Launchpad starts successfully, but when I click on 'Install New' for DB2 Express-C, nothing happens, it keeps loading for several minutes and I eventually get the following error message:

DBI1501E An internal error was encountered.
Explanation: An error was detected while performing an internal operation.
User response: Verify that the file system on which the file resides is not damaged.

I have installed the required libraries (i.e. libaio and compat-libstdc++).

I know that Fedora is not officially supported, but still I would like to find a way to install it.

Any ideas why it's not working, and how I could make it work?

Thanks in advance for your answers :)
Updated on 2012-04-13T13:15:52Z at 2012-04-13T13:15:52Z by Mikya
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts

Re: Installing DB2 Express-C 9.7.5 on Fedora 16

‏2012-04-08T19:42:15Z  
    Well in case if db2setup is not working then you can use command line utility called db2_install.
    The diff between two is db2setup will copy the binaries and create the instance but db2_install will just copy the binaries only, to create an instance you need to call db2icrt utility from the installation path.

Now coming back to the error, I have tried 97fp5 GUI installation on fedora virtual box and installation went fine. If you can provide me the trace file then definitely I will be able to help you out. Try below command to get the trace file.

db2setup -t <trace file> -l <log file>

In case if db2_install also does not work properly then get the trace file of this utility by running below command-

db2_install -t <trace file> -l <log file>
    Thanks
  • Mikya
    Mikya
    4 Posts

‏2012-04-10T09:23:51Z  
    Well in case if db2setup is not working then you can use command line utility called db2_install.
    The diff between two is db2setup will copy the binaries and create the instance but db2_install will just copy the binaries only, to create an instance you need to call db2icrt utility from the installation path.

Now coming back to the error, I have tried 97fp5 GUI installation on fedora virtual box and installation went fine. If you can provide me the trace file then definitely I will be able to help you out. Try below command to get the trace file.

db2setup -t <trace file> -l <log file>

In case if db2_install also does not work properly then get the trace file of this utility by running below command-

db2_install -t <trace file> -l <log file>
    Thanks
    Thanks for your answer.

I tried db2_install and it seems to work. I will try to play with db2icrt to create an instance manually.

Concerning the error, I get 3 different trace files (<trace_file>_lp, <trace_file>.jtrc, <trace_file>.ctrc). I attached them with my message.

Let me know if you find something interesting. Could it be the TCP problem in the .jtrc, around 14074th line?

Thanks again for your support.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts

‏2012-04-10T16:06:14Z  
    • Mikya
    • ‏2012-04-10T09:23:51Z
    Thanks for your answer.

I tried db2_install and it seems to work. I will try to play with db2icrt to create an instance manually.

Concerning the error, I get 3 different trace files (<trace_file>_lp, <trace_file>.jtrc, <trace_file>.ctrc). I attached them with my message.

Let me know if you find something interesting. Could it be the TCP problem in the .jtrc, around 14074th line?

Thanks again for your support.
    It looks like some entries of previous DB2 installation still there in /etc/services. Delete those entries manually and try to run the GUI setup again.

Thanks
  • Mikya
    Mikya
    4 Posts

‏2012-04-13T07:20:55Z  
    It looks like some entries of previous DB2 installation still there in /etc/services. Delete those entries manually and try to run the GUI setup again.

Thanks
    I tried to remove all the entries containing 'db2' in /etc/services and I got the same error. You'll find the new traces attached, in case you want to check what's wrong. Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5837 Posts

‏2012-04-13T10:14:34Z  
    • Mikya
    • ‏2012-04-13T07:20:55Z
    I tried to remove all the entries containing 'db2' in /etc/services and I got the same error. You'll find the new traces attached, in case you want to check what's wrong. Thanks!
    Is it possible to attach /etc/services file ?
    Thanks
  • Mikya
    Mikya
    4 Posts

‏2012-04-13T13:15:52Z  
    Is it possible to attach /etc/services file ?
    Thanks
    Here it is!

Attachments