Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-17T16:47:30Z by DGawron
ranjithkumarramilla
ranjithkumarramilla
4 Posts

Pinned topic Regarding access to db2 and execution of sql statement

‏2012-04-06T10:14:38Z |
I have a jdbc data source created in WAS for a DB2 database using the non-xa DB2 Universal JDBC Driver-compliant Provider. My data datasource test perfectly from the WAS console. From portlet Factory i am attempting to create a data services model. When specifying a SQL Call Builder, I am able to Fetch the Datrasource from the test server. After entering the SQL statement (which has been verified syntactically correct using the DB@ COmmand Editor), applying or saving the builder results in the following error:
"The SQL Call builder encountered an error. Verify the DataSource name, SQL statement syntax, and the connectivity between application server and database. See WEB-INF\logs\event.log on the application server for additional detail." It appears that the connection breaks down as it tries to veridy the SQL statement. Is there any known solution to this problem? I am using RAD 7.5.1 with Portlet Factory 6.1.2 The WAS server is 6.1 and the Portal server is 6.1I have a jdbc data source created in WAS for a DB2 database using the non-xa DB2 Universal JDBC Driver-compliant Provider. My data datasource test perfectly from the WAS console. From portlet Factory i am attempting to create a data services model. When specifying a SQL Call Builder, I am able to Fetch the Datrasource from the test server. After entering the SQL statement (which has been verified syntactically correct using the DB@ COmmand Editor), applying or saving the builder results in the following error:
"The SQL Call builder encountered an error. Verify the DataSource name, SQL statement syntax, and the connectivity between application server and database. See WEB-INF\logs\event.log on the application server for additional detail." It appears that the connection breaks down as it tries to veridy the SQL statement. Is there any known solution to this problem? I am using RAD 7.5.1 with Portlet Factory 6.1.2 The WAS server is 6.1 and the Portal server is 6.1
Updated on 2012-05-17T16:47:30Z at 2012-05-17T16:47:30Z by DGawron
  • mburati
    mburati
    426 Posts

Re: Regarding access to db2 and execution of sql statement

‏2012-04-06T13:18:04Z  
    Did you check the event.log in in WEB-INF/logs in the deployed WAR on the application server as the error message suggests, for what the actual error is? If so, what error(s) were there from that timeframe?

There are two SQL Call builder calls in that screenshot that do not have errors. Are those against a different datasource?

Try the database explorer in the builder to have it build you an SQL statement that it believes should work and test that one first, to be sure it's finding the datasource ok, and to see what it's finding for the schema/table name?

..mb1
  • ranjithkumarramilla
    ranjithkumarramilla
    4 Posts

‏2012-05-17T10:44:46Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2012-04-06T13:18:04Z
    Did you check the event.log in in WEB-INF/logs in the deployed WAR on the application server as the error message suggests, for what the actual error is? If so, what error(s) were there from that timeframe?

There are two SQL Call builder calls in that screenshot that do not have errors. Are those against a different datasource?

Try the database explorer in the builder to have it build you an SQL statement that it believes should work and test that one first, to be sure it's finding the datasource ok, and to see what it's finding for the schema/table name?

..mb1
    No the datasources names are not different they are the same.But when i am trying to create a new sql builder its giving me an error.This is my production code where it needs an enhancement ,its on server 6.x and wef 6.x.but im using server 7.x and wef 6.x.And also there is no event.log file in the web inf/logs folder.There are no log files.

What is database explorer is it a builder or what.

Can u give me a solution in detail.
  • DGawron
    DGawron
    76 Posts

‏2012-05-17T16:47:30Z  
    No the datasources names are not different they are the same.But when i am trying to create a new sql builder its giving me an error.This is my production code where it needs an enhancement ,its on server 6.x and wef 6.x.but im using server 7.x and wef 6.x.And also there is no event.log file in the web inf/logs folder.There are no log files.

What is database explorer is it a builder or what.

Can u give me a solution in detail.
    Something about the SQL is probably causing schema generation to fail. I assume you're still having a problem with the SELECT. Post that statement so I can review. There is definitely an event.log on the server where the project was deployed. If you didn't change the logging properties it will be under web-inf/logs.