Topic
12 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-03T16:02:09Z by SystemAdmin
sumithar
sumithar
115 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Open Perform Hierarchy greyed out

‏2012-04-05T21:52:47Z |
when viewing/editing some of my source code members in RDz (LPEX editor, FWIW) when I right click on a para name i see that the "Open Perform hierarchy" option is greyed out. As best as I can find out this happens if that member has an error with a copy book of the form "The copybook contains the following error: "ERROR_TOKEN" unexpected tokens ignored".

For the life of me I can't find out what the error in the copybook is, the program compiles fine with this copybook. and pulling up the copybook in RDz doesn't show any problem.
Updated on 2012-12-03T16:02:09Z at 2012-12-03T16:02:09Z by SystemAdmin
  • RDzPowerUser
    RDzPowerUser
    43 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Open Perform Hierarchy greyed out

‏2012-04-10T19:24:20Z  in response to sumithar
    Some errors in the program will cause the RDz pareser to halt, so you do not have access to the open declaration/open perform hierarchy functions.

Are you sure you have your property groups set up to pull the copybook from the correct place? A quick check for this is to select the copybook name, right-click, and select "open copy member". This will show you where it is pulling the copybook from, if it does not open, then it will tell you it can't find it. In this case, you do not have a your property groups' copylib set up correct or you do not have your property group associated to this particular module.
    • sumithar
      sumithar
      115 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-10T20:25:01Z  in response to RDzPowerUser
      Thanks for the reply. Yes my Prop Groups are fine and I can right click on the copybook name in the source program, and choose browse copy member or open copy member and it opens it in another tab.

what's frustrating is that in the source code there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark to the left of the COPY statement and if I hover over it it says"The copybook contains the following error: "ERROR_TOKEN" unexpected tokens ignored", but when I actually browse/open the copy member it looks clean.
      • MattUnsworth
        MattUnsworth
        22 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-10T21:10:20Z  in response to sumithar
        Check the extentions on your copybooks to make usre they are being mapped to .cpy instead of .inc. I had a similar problem in a PLI source module because the PLI copybooks were being mapped as COBOL copybooks.
        • sumithar
          sumithar
          115 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-10T21:45:20Z  in response to MattUnsworth
          It's interesting you mention that since our copybook datasets end in .CPYLIBS and I hadn't set up a file mapping for .CPYLIBS to cpy.
          But it hasn't caused a problem so far, it opens up in RDz minus syntax hiliting. FWIW, I did create a **CPYLIBS mapping to the .cpy extension but it didnt make a difference to the ERROR_TOKEN message.
          Thanks!
          • RDzPowerUser
            RDzPowerUser
            43 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-10T21:57:08Z  in response to sumithar
            I think you are forgetting a period prior to the copybook statement? But then this wouldn't like up with your compile working correctly... hmm...

RDz does not parse copy members for errors. If you open up a .cpy copybook, and type garbage in it, it will not give any errors.
            • sumithar
              sumithar
              115 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-10T23:14:28Z  in response to RDzPowerUser
              I can provide you with source and copy if there is a location I can upload to. Don't feel that comfortable attaching to this post!
              Thanks!
  • DenisYip
    DenisYip
    14 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-12T04:47:42Z  in response to sumithar
    Are you using 8.0.1? I hit similar case before in that version, nearly none of existing program can trigger "Open Perfom Hierachy" as they all reported strange "Error_Token" error.

The problem gone when I upgrade to 8.0.3.
    • sumithar
      sumithar
      115 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-13T18:28:51Z  in response to DenisYip
      Denis,
      I am using 8.0.3
      • sumithar
        sumithar
        115 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-13T15:16:13Z  in response to sumithar
        I just upgraded to 8.0.3.2, and it still won't let me. Not sure what I should do w.r.t RACF, any thoughts?

On the mainframe where we use IOF (not SDSF) I can type in ED next to other people's jobs and see the JCL.

Does RDz have different restrictions?
        • sumithar
          sumithar
          115 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-13T15:21:53Z  in response to sumithar
          Oops! Ignore that last post please, I was replying to the wrong thread. I can't seem to find if this board has a feature to edit one's posts.
          • sumithar
            sumithar
            115 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-20T20:33:41Z  in response to sumithar
            8.0.3.2 fixed it.
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              1086 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-03T16:02:09Z  in response to sumithar
              Hi,
              I get the same warning for 3 Copy book .
              01 CICSATTR.
              COPY CICSATTR.
              COPY DFHBMSCA.
              COPY CICSRESP.
              COPY DFHAID.
              COPY PAASY031.
              COPY PAMEC211.

"The copybook contains the following error: "ERROR_TOKEN" unexpected tokens ignored"

I have the same problem the copy book open like .cpy file
              and I'm with
              Version: 8.0.3
              Build id: rdz803-I20110928_0346

> What can be the problem