Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-04-06T13:04:11Z by mburati
Shikharani
Shikharani
29 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Difference in look and feel with Same war file.

‏2012-04-05T07:45:21Z |
Hi have upgraded my workspace to portlet 7.0. after that I have created war and deployed same Ear on Dev and SIT server.
But look and feel of UI which was changed in DEV are not the same in SIT.
Please check the screenshots and let me now weather it can be due to Themes( but but I feel It is the same)
Updated on 2012-04-06T13:04:11Z at 2012-04-06T13:04:11Z by mburati
  • mburati
    mburati
    423 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Difference in look and feel with Same war file.

‏2012-04-05T13:13:41Z  in response to Shikharani
    It looks like different styles are getting picked up in the second server, than the first.

When that happens, no matter what tool was used to build the portlet/app, the easiest way to debug it is usually to use Firebug (since I see you're using Firefox in the screenshots) or Chrome Inspector or IE Developer tools (if you're using a current/up to date IE) to look for errors loading stylesheet(s) and to inspect the DOM elements on the rendered page to see which style(s) from which stylesheets are getting applied in the two instances.

..mb1
    • Shikharani
      Shikharani
      29 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-06T06:33:21Z  in response to mburati
      I tried It with firebug yesterday but didn't find any difference in both styles. But today when i logged in it is coming fine. I think It took some time to reflect the changes. Thanks a lot.. this is done
      • mburati
        mburati
        423 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-06T13:04:11Z  in response to Shikharani
        When making style changes during development, it's good to clear your browser cache before testing again, to be sure you're picking up the latest copy of the css and not a copy cached by the browser.

..mb1