Is anybody aware of the EMC2 SMARTs application which monitor the network just like ITNM IP? If yes, please help me in defining ITNM poll definitions.
I have collected the Thresholds from SMARTs environment and trying to compare with ITNM (notation # 1 refers to SMARTs; #2 refers to ITNM), please let me know if the below comparison is correct and also for the ErrorTraffic and Interface Utilization what object need to be used from ITNM?
1. Broadcast Threshold - The upper threshold for broadcast traffic expressed as a percentage of the total bandwidth
2. ifInBroadcastPkts ( The number of packets, delivered by this sub-layer to a higher (sub-)layer, which were addressed to a broadcast address at this sub-layer.)
1. Discard Threshold - The upper threshold for dropped packets expressed ad a percentage of the total number of packets.
2. ifInDiscards - The number of inbound packets which were chosen to be discarded even though no errors had been detected to prevent their being deliverable to a higher-layer protocol. One possible reason for discarding such a packet could be to free up buffer space
1. Error Threshold - The upper threshold for packet errors expressed as a percentage of the total number of packets
2. ifInErrors - The number of inbound packets that contained errors preventing them from being deliverable to a higher-layer protocol.
1. ErrorTraffic Threshold - The minimum error traffic expressed as a percentage of the total bandwidth to generate the HighErrorRate event. ErrorTrafficThreshold accepts any value between 0.0 to 100.0
1. QueueDrop Threshold - Acceptable percentage of packets dropped because of full queues, expressed as a percentage of the total number of packets
2. locIfInputQueueDrops (locIfOutputQueueDrops) - The number of packets dropped because the input queue was full. (The number of packets dropped because the output queue was full.)
1. Utilization Threshold - The upper threshold for link utilization expressed as a percentage of the total bandwidth
Any inputs, greatly appreciated.
Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.