• 20 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-24T17:04:49Z by llandale
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3180 Posts

Pinned topic creating a DXL attribute using a multi-valued attribute input

‏2012-04-04T15:47:30Z |
Hello,

I want to create a DXL attribute that uses a multi-valued attribute as its input.

Verification Status: multi-valued attribute
Passed
Failed
Waived
Incomplete

The purpose of the DXL attribute is to determine the parent requirement's verification status based on its child requirement.

ex.
Level 1 requirements will contain the DXL attribute
Level 2 requirements has the 'Verification Status" attribute that is a multi-valued enumeration

The linked Level 2 requirements would have the following values 'checked',
Req2001 --> Passed and Waived
Req2002 --> Passed
Req2003 --> Incomplete

I would like the DXL attribute have the following result displayed to sum up the status of it's children requirements,
Req1001 --> Passed, Waived, Incomplete

I have already created a DXL attribute that will assign the result, but it was not for a multi-valued attribute. Would I need to change a lot of if I switched to a multi-valued attribute?

Thanks!
Updated on 2012-05-24T17:04:49Z at 2012-05-24T17:04:49Z by llandale
  • llandale
    llandale
    2972 Posts

Re: creating a DXL attribute using a multi-valued attribute input

‏2012-04-04T17:17:46Z  

First stab:

bool bStatus[NumEnumerations]  // default setting is false

for each oChild object
    {  for i=0; i<NumEnumerations; i++)
       {  if (isMember(oChild, Enumeration[i])) bStatus[i] = true
       }
    }
    Buffer bufResults = create()
    for i=0; i<NumEnumerations; i++)
    {  if (bStatus[i])
       {  if (length(bufResults) > 0) bufResults += ", "
          bufResults += Enumeration[i]
       }
    }
    obj.attrDXLName = tempStringOf(bufResults)
    delete(bufResults()

-Louie

Updated on 2014-01-06T19:25:21Z at 2014-01-06T19:25:21Z by iron-man
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2012-04-04T20:49:36Z  
    • llandale
    • ‏2012-04-04T17:17:46Z

First stab:

<pre class="html dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="html" dir="ltr">bool bStatus[NumEnumerations] // default setting is false for each oChild object { for i=0; i<NumEnumerations; i++) { if (isMember(oChild, Enumeration[i])) bStatus[i] = true } } Buffer bufResults = create() for i=0; i<NumEnumerations; i++) { if (bStatus[i]) { if (length(bufResults) > 0) bufResults += ", " bufResults += Enumeration[i] } } obj.attrDXLName = tempStringOf(bufResults) delete(bufResults() </pre>

-Louie

Making sure I understand ...

for each oChild object
    { for i=0; i<NumEnumerations; i++)
    { if (isMember(oChild, Enumeration[i])) bStatus[i] = true
    • This runs through the inlinks (child objects) and determines if it is actually an enumeration attribute, if so then it is set to true

{ if (bStatus[i])
    { if (length(bufResults) > 0) bufResults += ", "
    }
    }

• Iterates through the enumeration until complete
    • Puts the result in the buffer, separating by a ","
    • Then display the gathered values
    I guess my next question is if this would go in my for loop that accesses the Verification Status?
    (after line from previously attached code: L2Status = oSource."Verification Status")
    and would I even need the conditions shown throughout the rest of the code if it is gathering all the values checked from each linked requirement?

Also, to avoid duplication, how would I have it not display the same status shown in multiple child requirements. If 2 linked requirements both have a verification status of "Incomplete", I would not want the script to display "Incomplete, Incomplete".
  • llandale
    llandale
    2972 Posts

‏2012-04-05T15:03:54Z  
    Making sure I understand ...

for each oChild object
    { for i=0; i<NumEnumerations; i++)
    { if (isMember(oChild, Enumeration[i])) bStatus[i] = true
    • This runs through the inlinks (child objects) and determines if it is actually an enumeration attribute, if so then it is set to true

{ if (bStatus[i])
    { if (length(bufResults) > 0) bufResults += ", "
    }
    }

• Iterates through the enumeration until complete
    • Puts the result in the buffer, separating by a ","
    • Then display the gathered values
    I guess my next question is if this would go in my for loop that accesses the Verification Status?
    (after line from previously attached code: L2Status = oSource."Verification Status")
    and would I even need the conditions shown throughout the rest of the code if it is gathering all the values checked from each linked requirement?

Also, to avoid duplication, how would I have it not display the same status shown in multiple child requirements. If 2 linked requirements both have a verification status of "Incomplete", I would not want the script to display "Incomplete, Incomplete".

Typo:

• { if (isMember(oChild.NameAttr, Enumeration[i])) then bStatus[i] = true

This presumes NameAttr is a multi-valued enuerated attribute. This asks if the oChild attr value for that enumerated attribute includes the "i"th value. So if enumerations are A, B, C, D and the first oChild has B and C selected, bStatus will have values false, true, true, false. If the 3rd oChild has just D selected, then bStatus becomes false, true, true, true. Since there is no else bStatus[i] =false clause, bStatus[i] remains true if any of the oChildren have that enum set.

The second loop adds the enumerations to the result if their corresponding bStatus[i] is set true.

The following may also help:

string NameAttr = "MyEnumeratedAttr",
        Enum
    Object oChild = current
    Module mod = module(oChild)
    AttrDef ad = find(mod, NameAttr)
    if (null ad) {print "no such attr '" NameAttr "'\n"; halt}
    if (!ad.multi) {print "not multi attr '" NameAttr "'\n"; halt}
    AttrType at = ad.type
    noError()
    int i, NumEnums = at.size
    lastError()
    print "for attr '" NameAttr "' (count " NumEnums ")  and object " identifier(oChild) "...\n"
    print "\tEnum\tselected?\n"
    for (i=0; i<NumEnums; i++) 
    {  Enum = at.strings[i]
       print "\t[" Enum "]"
       if (isMember(oChild.NameAttr, Enum)) print "\tSelected"
       print "\n"
    }

-Louie

Updated on 2014-01-06T19:26:03Z at 2014-01-06T19:26:03Z by iron-man
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2012-04-16T18:01:56Z  
    • llandale
    • ‏2012-04-05T15:03:54Z

Typo:

• { if (isMember(oChild.NameAttr, Enumeration[i])) then bStatus[i] = true

This presumes NameAttr is a multi-valued enuerated attribute. This asks if the oChild attr value for that enumerated attribute includes the "i"th value. So if enumerations are A, B, C, D and the first oChild has B and C selected, bStatus will have values false, true, true, false. If the 3rd oChild has just D selected, then bStatus becomes false, true, true, true. Since there is no else bStatus[i] =false clause, bStatus[i] remains true if any of the oChildren have that enum set.

The second loop adds the enumerations to the result if their corresponding bStatus[i] is set true.

The following may also help:

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">string NameAttr = "MyEnumeratedAttr", Enum Object oChild = current Module mod = module(oChild) AttrDef ad = find(mod, NameAttr) if (null ad) {print "no such attr '" NameAttr "'\n"; halt} if (!ad.multi) {print "not multi attr '" NameAttr "'\n"; halt} AttrType at = ad.type noError() int i, NumEnums = at.size lastError() print "for attr '" NameAttr "' (count " NumEnums ") and object " identifier(oChild) "...\n" print "\tEnum\tselected?\n" for (i=0; i<NumEnums; i++) { Enum = at.strings[i] print "\t[" Enum "]" if (isMember(oChild.NameAttr, Enum)) print "\tSelected" print "\n" } </pre>

-Louie

I took a few days away from this task and now just have 2 errors haunting me.

I am receiving a "syntax error" for the following line,

if (L2Status == ad.name){ // checking if the attribute type is the Verification Status attribute

and "incorrectly concatenated tokens" for line,

delete(bufResults())

For the first error, I am trying to say that if the AttrDef name matches L2Status name then it would proceed to evaluating the contents of the attribute. I assumed it would allow me to compare the two strings being evaluated, but apparently not.

Updated on 2014-01-06T19:27:04Z at 2014-01-06T19:27:04Z by iron-man
  • llandale
    llandale
    2972 Posts

‏2012-04-16T18:22:08Z  

I took a few days away from this task and now just have 2 errors haunting me.

I am receiving a "syntax error" for the following line,

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">if (L2Status == ad.name){ // checking if the attribute type is the Verification Status attribute </pre>

and "incorrectly concatenated tokens" for line,

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">delete(bufResults()) </pre>

For the first error, I am trying to say that if the AttrDef name matches L2Status name then it would proceed to evaluating the contents of the attribute. I assumed it would allow me to compare the two strings being evaluated, but apparently not.

The first one looks good. "Syntax Errors" often mean the line ABOVE is missing some closing parenthesis.

• bufResults()
    That is a function with no parameters.
    • bufResults
    That is either a variable, or a function with no parameters.
    Since bufResults is a "Buffer" variable, you want:
    • delete(bufResults)
    I usually put the empty parens to make sure I know I'm dealing with a function:
    • Buffer bufResults = create()

-Louie
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2012-04-16T18:41:11Z  
    • llandale
    • ‏2012-04-16T18:22:08Z
    The first one looks good. "Syntax Errors" often mean the line ABOVE is missing some closing parenthesis.

• bufResults()
    That is a function with no parameters.
    • bufResults
    That is either a variable, or a function with no parameters.
    Since bufResults is a "Buffer" variable, you want:
    • delete(bufResults)
    I usually put the empty parens to make sure I know I'm dealing with a function:
    • Buffer bufResults = create()

-Louie

I've made a few changes and realized that I was not 'finding' the attribute definitions name to do the comparison and tweaked my code to the following:

for inlink in obj <-"*" do { // for all objects that have inlinks (child requirements) do this ...
        oSource = source(inlink)
            if (null oSource)   continue  
            if (exists attribute "Verification Status"){ // checking for the Verification Status attribute
                    L2Status = oSource."Verification Status"
                    ad = find(oSource, NameAttr)
                    if (L2Status == ad.name){ // checking if the attribute is the Verification Status attribute
                            EnumSize = aType.size
                            MultiEnum = aType.strings[i]
                            for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) {
                                    if (isMember(oSource."Verification Status", MultiEnum)) {
                                            bStatus = true // resets to true if it exists
                                    }
                            }
                    }
                    else Incomplete == true
            }

Buffer bufResults = create() // creates a 'space' to hold values
                    if (bStatus) {
                            if (length(bufResults) > 0) {
                                    bufResults += "\n"
                                    bufResults += MultiEnum[i]
                            }
                    }
            }
            L1Status = tempStringOf(bufResults)
            obj.attrDXLName = L1Status
            delete(bufResults)
    }

But now I am receiving an "incorrect arguments for function (find)" error on

ad = find(oSource, NameAttr)

Updated on 2014-01-06T19:28:13Z at 2014-01-06T19:28:13Z by iron-man
  • llandale
    llandale
    2972 Posts

‏2012-04-17T16:20:59Z  

I've made a few changes and realized that I was not 'finding' the attribute definitions name to do the comparison and tweaked my code to the following:

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">for inlink in obj <-"*" do { // for all objects that have inlinks (child requirements) do this ... oSource = source(inlink) if (null oSource) continue if (exists attribute "Verification Status"){ // checking for the Verification Status attribute L2Status = oSource."Verification Status" ad = find(oSource, NameAttr) if (L2Status == ad.name){ // checking if the attribute is the Verification Status attribute EnumSize = aType.size MultiEnum = aType.strings[i] for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) { if (isMember(oSource."Verification Status", MultiEnum)) { bStatus = true // resets to true if it exists } } } else Incomplete == true } Buffer bufResults = create() // creates a 'space' to hold values for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) { if (bStatus) { if (length(bufResults) > 0) { bufResults += "\n" bufResults += MultiEnum[i] } } } L1Status = tempStringOf(bufResults) obj.attrDXLName = L1Status delete(bufResults) } </pre>

But now I am receiving an "incorrect arguments for function (find)" error on

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">ad = find(oSource, NameAttr) </pre>

Assuming NameAttr has a reasonable value, the "find" needs to be in the module not the object, perhaps
    • ad = find(current Module, NameAttr)

At about line 7, this may be clearer:
    • if (L2Status == *NameAttr*){ // checking if the attribute is the Verification Status attribute
    After about line 7 I think you need this:
    • AttrType aType = ad.type
    At about line 7, are you sure attribute "Verification Status" has enumerations that are in fact attribute names?
    At about line 9, "i" does not yet have a value. I think you need to move this line down into the loop:
    • MultiEnum = aType.strings[i]
    Above about line 15 I think you need this:
    • Incomplete = false
    Line 16 or thereabouts needs to be this:
    • Incomplete = true
    At about line 19, the "Buffer" statement and the following loop, I think, need to be moved up into the previous loop, and execute only when Verification Status actually exists. OK, the Buffer statement actually needs to be before the 1st loop.
    At about line 30 I think this statement, while not needed, makes the code easier to understand:
    • else bufResults = "" // Not results when Verification Status doesn't exist
    At about line 38, the last 3 statement needs to be outside the "for link" loop; executed only once
    • obj.attrDXLName = L1Status
    Above line 4, I think you are wondering if Verification Status exists in the Source module; not the "current" module. The following may work:
    • current = mSource
    • if (exists attribute "Verification Status"){ // checking for the Verification Status attribute

You are still not getting the result you want; look again at some of the previous responses.

-Louie
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2012-04-18T18:48:49Z  
    • llandale
    • ‏2012-04-17T16:20:59Z
    Assuming NameAttr has a reasonable value, the "find" needs to be in the module not the object, perhaps
    • ad = find(current Module, NameAttr)

At about line 7, this may be clearer:
    • if (L2Status == *NameAttr*){ // checking if the attribute is the Verification Status attribute
    After about line 7 I think you need this:
    • AttrType aType = ad.type
    At about line 7, are you sure attribute "Verification Status" has enumerations that are in fact attribute names?
    At about line 9, "i" does not yet have a value. I think you need to move this line down into the loop:
    • MultiEnum = aType.strings[i]
    Above about line 15 I think you need this:
    • Incomplete = false
    Line 16 or thereabouts needs to be this:
    • Incomplete = true
    At about line 19, the "Buffer" statement and the following loop, I think, need to be moved up into the previous loop, and execute only when Verification Status actually exists. OK, the Buffer statement actually needs to be before the 1st loop.
    At about line 30 I think this statement, while not needed, makes the code easier to understand:
    • else bufResults = "" // Not results when Verification Status doesn't exist
    At about line 38, the last 3 statement needs to be outside the "for link" loop; executed only once
    • obj.attrDXLName = L1Status
    Above line 4, I think you are wondering if Verification Status exists in the Source module; not the "current" module. The following may work:
    • current = mSource
    • if (exists attribute "Verification Status"){ // checking for the Verification Status attribute

You are still not getting the result you want; look again at some of the previous responses.

-Louie

I have the following variables declared upfront,

LinkRef lr
    Link    inlink
    bool    Incomplete = false      // true when any linked object is "Incomplete"
    bool    Passed = false  // true when any linked object has "Passed"
    bool    Failed = false  // true when any linked object has "Failed"
    bool    Waived = false  // true when any linked object is "Waived"
    bool    Blank = false   // true when any linked object has no input
    string  L2Status, L1Status
    Object  oSource
    string  NameAttr = "Verification Status"
    AttrDef aDef = find(mod, NameAttr)
    AttrType aType = aDef.type
    int             i, EnumSize = aType.size // size of enumeration
    string  MultiEnum[EnumSize]
    bool    bStatus[EnumSize] // default setting is false
    Buffer  bufResults = create() // creates a 'space' to hold values

The following code runs and creates my dxl attribute for all linked requirements,

for inlink in obj <-"*" do { // for all objects that have inlinks (child requirements) do this ...
        oSource = source(inlink)
            if (exists attribute "Verification Status"){ // checking for the Verification Status attribute
                    if (L2Status == NameAttr){ // checking if the name of the attribute is Verification Status
                                    MultiEnum[i] = aType.strings[i] // enumeration value names
                                    if (isMember(oSource."Verification Status", MultiEnum[i])) {
                                            bStatus[i] = true // resets to true if it exists
                                    }
                                    else Blank = false
                            }
                    }
                    else bufResults = " " // if the Verification Status attribute doesnt exist, return an empty buffer

if (bStatus[i]) {
                                    if (length(bufResults) > 0) {
                                            bufResults += "\n"
                                    }
                            }
                    }
            }
    }
    if (Blank) L1Status = " " // no input keep Blank
    else L1Status = tempStringOf(bufResults)

obj.attrDXLName = L1Status // DXL attribute column
    delete(bufResults)

but when I view the attribute the following error apprears,

unassigned array element (bStatus[0])

It is getting 'stuck' through the first iteration of i=0. The related numbers associated with the enumeration values are 0-3, for the booleens declared in the beginning with exception to 'Blank', meaning no selection is checked. I'm lost as to why it is returning an unassigned element

Updated on 2014-01-06T19:29:51Z at 2014-01-06T19:29:51Z by iron-man
  • llandale
    llandale
    2972 Posts

‏2012-04-18T21:37:47Z  

I have the following variables declared upfront,

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">LinkRef lr Link inlink bool Incomplete = false // true when any linked object is "Incomplete" bool Passed = false // true when any linked object has "Passed" bool Failed = false // true when any linked object has "Failed" bool Waived = false // true when any linked object is "Waived" bool Blank = false // true when any linked object has no input string L2Status, L1Status Object oSource string NameAttr = "Verification Status" AttrDef aDef = find(mod, NameAttr) AttrType aType = aDef.type int i, EnumSize = aType.size // size of enumeration string MultiEnum[EnumSize] bool bStatus[EnumSize] // default setting is false Buffer bufResults = create() // creates a 'space' to hold values </pre>

The following code runs and creates my dxl attribute for all linked requirements,

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">for inlink in obj <-"*" do { // for all objects that have inlinks (child requirements) do this ... oSource = source(inlink) if (null oSource) continue if (exists attribute "Verification Status"){ // checking for the Verification Status attribute L2Status = oSource."Verification Status" if (L2Status == NameAttr){ // checking if the name of the attribute is Verification Status for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) { MultiEnum[i] = aType.strings[i] // enumeration value names if (isMember(oSource."Verification Status", MultiEnum[i])) { bStatus[i] = true // resets to true if it exists } else Blank = false } } else bufResults = " " // if the Verification Status attribute doesnt exist, return an empty buffer for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) { if (bStatus[i]) { if (length(bufResults) > 0) { bufResults += "\n" bufResults += MultiEnum[i] } } } } } if (Blank) L1Status = " " // no input keep Blank else L1Status = tempStringOf(bufResults) obj.attrDXLName = L1Status // DXL attribute column delete(bufResults) </pre>

but when I view the attribute the following error apprears,

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">unassigned array element (bStatus[0]) </pre>

It is getting 'stuck' through the first iteration of i=0. The related numbers associated with the enumeration values are 0-3, for the booleens declared in the beginning with exception to 'Blank', meaning no selection is checked. I'm lost as to why it is returning an unassigned element

Oops, you do need to initialize that array:

for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) bStatus[i] = false

But this is still messed up.
    You hard code "Verification Status" and also use it in NameAttr. These two don't look right:

if (L2Status == NameAttr){ // checking if the name of the attribute is Verification Status

That looks like you expect Verification Status to have an enumeration of "Verification Status". Seems to me you can get rid of the if statement. Also the first statement since you don't use L2Status anywhere else.

Re-read the thread.

-Louie

Updated on 2014-01-06T19:30:50Z at 2014-01-06T19:30:50Z by iron-man
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2012-05-21T20:22:49Z  
    • llandale
    • ‏2012-04-18T21:37:47Z

Oops, you do need to initialize that array:

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) bStatus[i] = false </pre>

But this is still messed up.
    You hard code "Verification Status" and also use it in NameAttr. These two don't look right:

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">L2Status = oSource."Verification Status" if (L2Status == NameAttr){ // checking if the name of the attribute is Verification Status </pre>

That looks like you expect Verification Status to have an enumeration of "Verification Status". Seems to me you can get rid of the if statement. Also the first statement since you don't use L2Status anywhere else.

Re-read the thread.

-Louie

I thought I had this completed but my inputs were misleading.

The following code collects the results from the incoming links, but instead of checking if the ith value is included and not repeating selections (See "llandale" explanation from Apr 5 @ 11:03:54am), it collects and returns all the selected items linked.

i.e.
    Req001 --> Passed, Waived
    Req002 --> Passed
    Req003 --> Passed, Incomplete

Actual Result ---> Passed, Waived, Passed, Passed, Incomplete
    Desired Result --> Passed, Waived, Incomplete (not repeating values already selected)

How do I code this to not compile all selected items in a giant list?

for inlink in obj <-"*" do { 
        oSource = source(inlink)
            Module mod = module(oSource)
            int     i, EnumSize = aType.size // size of enumeration
            bool    bStatus[EnumSize] // default setting is false

if (null aDef) {print "no such attr" NameAttr "\n"; halt} 
                    if (aDef.multi) {print "multi attr: " NameAttr "\n"} 
                    noError()
                    lastError()
                    print "for attr " NameAttr " (count " EnumSize ") and object " identifier(oSource) "...\n"
                            bStatus[i] = false
                            print MultiEnum[i] "\n"
                            if (isMember(oSource.NameAttr, MultiEnum[i])) then {
                                    print "\t CHECKED !!!"
                                    print "\n"
                                    print "\t bR STATUS: " stringOf(bufResults) //prints status of buffer contents
                                    print "\n \n"
                            }
                            else Blank = true // nothing 'checked/selected'
                            //else bufResults = " "
                    }
                            if (bStatus[i]){
                                    if (length(bufResults) >= 0){ 
                                            bufResults += "\n"
                                            print "\t bufResult: " stringOf(bufResults) 
                                            print "\n \n"
                                    }
                            }            
                    }
            } // ENDS attribute exists statement
            else bufResults = "" // the Verification Status attribute doesnt exist, return an empty buffer

} //ENDS inlink if statement

LStatus = tempStringOf(bufResults)
    obj.attrDXLName = LStatus // DXL attribute column
    delete(bufResults)

**Please excuse all the print statements, I was using them to debug

Updated on 2014-01-06T19:31:51Z at 2014-01-06T19:31:51Z by iron-man
  • llandale
    llandale
    2972 Posts

‏2012-05-22T13:16:04Z  

I thought I had this completed but my inputs were misleading.

The following code collects the results from the incoming links, but instead of checking if the ith value is included and not repeating selections (See "llandale" explanation from Apr 5 @ 11:03:54am), it collects and returns all the selected items linked.

i.e.
    Req001 --> Passed, Waived
    Req002 --> Passed
    Req003 --> Passed, Incomplete

Actual Result ---> Passed, Waived, Passed, Passed, Incomplete
    Desired Result --> Passed, Waived, Incomplete (not repeating values already selected)

How do I code this to not compile all selected items in a giant list?

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">for inlink in obj <-"*" do { oSource = source(inlink) if (null oSource) continue Module mod = module(oSource) AttrDef aDef = find(mod, NameAttr) AttrType aType = aDef.type int i, EnumSize = aType.size // size of enumeration string MultiEnum[EnumSize] bool bStatus[EnumSize] // default setting is false if (exists attribute "Verification Status"){ // checking for the Verification Status attribute if (null aDef) {print "no such attr" NameAttr "\n"; halt} if (aDef.multi) {print "multi attr: " NameAttr "\n"} noError() lastError() print "for attr " NameAttr " (count " EnumSize ") and object " identifier(oSource) "...\n" for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) { bStatus[i] = false MultiEnum[i] = aType.strings[i] // enumeration value names print MultiEnum[i] "\n" if (isMember(oSource.NameAttr, MultiEnum[i])) then { print "\t CHECKED !!!" print "\n" bStatus[i] = true // resets to true if it exists print "\t bR STATUS: " stringOf(bufResults) //prints status of buffer contents print "\n \n" } else Blank = true // nothing 'checked/selected' //else bufResults = " " } for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) { if (bStatus[i]){ if (length(bufResults) >= 0){ bufResults += "\n" bufResults += MultiEnum[i] print "\t bufResult: " stringOf(bufResults) print "\n \n" } } } } // ENDS attribute exists statement else bufResults = "" // the Verification Status attribute doesnt exist, return an empty buffer } //ENDS inlink if statement LStatus = tempStringOf(bufResults) obj.attrDXLName = LStatus // DXL attribute column delete(bufResults) </pre>

**Please excuse all the print statements, I was using them to debug

I think you need to set bstatusall to false before your link loop. Inside the link loop set bstatus[i] to true if that linked object so indicates. Display results after the link loop:

set all bstatus[x] = false
    for each link
    {  for each enumeration
          if the linked object has this enumeration selected then bstatus[i] = true
    }
    for each enumeration
      if bstatus[i] is true then add Enums[i] to results
    display results

So if ANY linked object is "PASSED" then the displayed results include "PASSED".

-Louie

Updated on 2014-01-06T19:32:27Z at 2014-01-06T19:32:27Z by iron-man
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2012-05-22T15:30:33Z  
    • llandale
    • ‏2012-05-22T13:16:04Z

I think you need to set bstatusall to false before your link loop. Inside the link loop set bstatus[i] to true if that linked object so indicates. Display results after the link loop:

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">set all bstatus[x] = false for each link { for each enumeration if the linked object has this enumeration selected then bstatus[i] = true } for each enumeration if bstatus[i] is true then add Enums[i] to results display results </pre>

So if ANY linked object is "PASSED" then the displayed results include "PASSED".

-Louie

bStatus is declared in the link loop. If I move it outside the loop, then the other variables have to be moved and declared before it, but the oSource variable depends on my inlink variable, which isn't assigned until the link loop, and returns an unassigned variable error since each one depends upon the other.

I tried adding it after it is declared,

set all bStatus[EnumSize] = false

before

if (exists attribute "Verification Status"){ ...

but I am recieving errors

-E- DXL: incorrect arguments for (=)
    -E- DXL: incorrect arguments for function (all)
    -E- DXL: incorrect arguments for function (set)

then i tried,

void set (bStatus[EnumSize]) = false

and received syntax errors

I tried looking to see if I am using all correctly, but the dxl manual seems to only mentions the function in for loops operating on modules. So then I tried altering the inlink loop

for inlink in all obj <-"*" do { ...

but received more errors

-E- DXL: incorrect arguments for (<-)
    -E- DXL: incorrect arguments for (do)

My latest attempt was adding

for bStatus in all oSource {

before the if exists statement but now I am receiving syntax errors

I am getting the selected values from the inlinks displayed in the attribute. I just would like to filter these results and not repeat items. Is this possible? I feel like I am a couple lines of code away from accomplishing this :/

Updated on 2014-01-06T19:35:50Z at 2014-01-06T19:35:50Z by iron-man
  • llandale
    llandale
    2972 Posts

‏2012-05-22T17:39:17Z  

bStatus is declared in the link loop. If I move it outside the loop, then the other variables have to be moved and declared before it, but the oSource variable depends on my inlink variable, which isn't assigned until the link loop, and returns an unassigned variable error since each one depends upon the other.

I tried adding it after it is declared,

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">set all bStatus[EnumSize] = false </pre>

before

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">if (exists attribute "Verification Status"){ ... </pre>

but I am recieving errors

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">-E- DXL: incorrect arguments for (=) -E- DXL: incorrect arguments for function (all) -E- DXL: incorrect arguments for function (set) </pre>

then i tried,

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">void set (bStatus[EnumSize]) = false </pre>

and received syntax errors

I tried looking to see if I am using all correctly, but the dxl manual seems to only mentions the function in for loops operating on modules. So then I tried altering the inlink loop

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">for inlink in all obj <-"*" do { ... </pre>

but received more errors

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">-E- DXL: incorrect arguments for (<-) -E- DXL: incorrect arguments for (do) </pre>

My latest attempt was adding

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">for bStatus in all oSource { </pre>

before the if exists statement but now I am receiving syntax errors

I am getting the selected values from the inlinks displayed in the attribute. I just would like to filter these results and not repeat items. Is this possible? I feel like I am a couple lines of code away from accomplishing this :/

That 8 lines of code was clearly psuedo-code; of course it won't interpret.

This is inadequate logic; the order in which variables are declared, and in which context, has little to do with the order in which their values are determined; you only have a problem if their values are circular; A depends on B and B depends on A. Anyway, maybe I'm old-fashioned but it should be rare to declare a variable other than in the function's context; declarations inside usually make it harder to read; and if it is easier to read then probabaly your function is far too big.

Overall, I think you said you want to display an enumerated value if any of the linked objects have that value. If so, there is no getting around this (or similar) logic:
    • initialize accumulated values (for each enum; bStatus/enum = false)
    • for each linked object, if it has an enum set then set corresponding bStatus to true; but do NOT set if false.
    • after the linked loop; display true bStatus values.
    So if you are linked to A and B; and A has 1 and 4 set and B has 2 and 4 set, the result will be 1, 2, and 4. The results won't care that "1" is set in two objects. If so, then "bStatus" has to be declared up front.

Your "exists" statement is still faulty; it will find it in the "current Module", but is the module containing "obj" or the module containing "oSource" currently current? (it's probably "obj" but you want to know if it's in "oSource") You don't need that statement if you use function "probeAttr_" as that function gracefully handles when the attr doesn't exist and returns null.

-Louie
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2012-05-22T21:42:41Z  
    • llandale
    • ‏2012-05-22T17:39:17Z
    That 8 lines of code was clearly psuedo-code; of course it won't interpret.

This is inadequate logic; the order in which variables are declared, and in which context, has little to do with the order in which their values are determined; you only have a problem if their values are circular; A depends on B and B depends on A. Anyway, maybe I'm old-fashioned but it should be rare to declare a variable other than in the function's context; declarations inside usually make it harder to read; and if it is easier to read then probabaly your function is far too big.

Overall, I think you said you want to display an enumerated value if any of the linked objects have that value. If so, there is no getting around this (or similar) logic:
    • initialize accumulated values (for each enum; bStatus/enum = false)
    • for each linked object, if it has an enum set then set corresponding bStatus to true; but do NOT set if false.
    • after the linked loop; display true bStatus values.
    So if you are linked to A and B; and A has 1 and 4 set and B has 2 and 4 set, the result will be 1, 2, and 4. The results won't care that "1" is set in two objects. If so, then "bStatus" has to be declared up front.

Your "exists" statement is still faulty; it will find it in the "current Module", but is the module containing "obj" or the module containing "oSource" currently current? (it's probably "obj" but you want to know if it's in "oSource") You don't need that statement if you use function "probeAttr_" as that function gracefully handles when the attr doesn't exist and returns null.

-Louie

The entire script ...

Created a menu that contains a function 'L1-L2 Verfication Status'that calls and creates the dxl attribute

Module mod = current

string DxlCode = readFile("C:\\Program Files/IBM/Rational/DOORS/9.3/lib/dxl/addins/MyDXL/L1 Verification.dxl")
    AttrDef ad = create(object dxl DxlCode type "String" attribute "L1-L2 Verification Status")

L1 Verfication.dxl ...

Module mod = current
    LinkRef lr
    Link    inlink
    string  L1Status
    Object  oSource 

bool    bStatus[EnumSize] = false // default setting is false

// Checking for null obj
    if (null obj){
            obj = obj__()
            display "obj__() used: " identifier(obj) ""
    }

//   Open up modules that target this Object for links  
    for lr in obj <-"*" do {
            read(fullName(source(lr)), false, true)   // Open linked module, even if it's already open
    }

oSource = source(inlink)
                    bStatus[i] = false
                    if (isMember(oSource.NameAttr, MultiEnum[i])) then {
                    }
                    else bStatus[i] = false
            }
    }

if (bStatus[i]){
    //              if (length(bufResults) >= 0){ 
                            bufResults += "\n"
    //              }
            }
    }

obj.attrDXLName = L1Status // DXL attribute column
    delete(bufResults)

Error

-R-E- DXL: unassigned array element (bStatus[1])

Updated on 2014-01-06T19:37:53Z at 2014-01-06T19:37:53Z by iron-man
  • Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    1969 Posts

‏2012-05-23T11:48:22Z  

The entire script ...

Created a menu that contains a function 'L1-L2 Verfication Status'that calls and creates the dxl attribute

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">Module mod = current string DxlCode = readFile("C:\\Program Files/IBM/Rational/DOORS/9.3/lib/dxl/addins/MyDXL/L1 Verification.dxl") AttrDef ad = create(object dxl DxlCode type "String" attribute "L1-L2 Verification Status") </pre>

L1 Verfication.dxl ...

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">Module mod = current LinkRef lr Link inlink bool Incomplete = false // true when any linked object is "Incomplete" bool Passed = false // true when any linked object has "Passed" bool Failed = false // true when any linked object has "Failed" bool Waived = false // true when any linked object is "Waived" bool Blank = false // true when any linked object has no input string L1Status Object oSource string NameAttr = "Verification Status" Buffer bufResults = create() // creates a 'space' to hold values AttrDef aDef = find(mod, NameAttr) AttrType aType = aDef.type int i, EnumSize = aType.size // size of enumeration string MultiEnum[EnumSize] bool bStatus[EnumSize] = false // default setting is false // Checking for null obj if (null obj){ obj = obj__() display "obj__() used: " identifier(obj) "" } // Open up modules that target this Object for links for lr in obj <-"*" do { read(fullName(source(lr)), false, true) // Open linked module, even if it's already open } for inlink in obj <-"*" do { // for all objects that have inlinks (child requirements) do this ... oSource = source(inlink) if (null oSource) continue for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) { bStatus[i] = false MultiEnum[i] = aType.strings[i] // enumeration value names if (isMember(oSource.NameAttr, MultiEnum[i])) then { bStatus[i] = true // resets to true if it exists } else bStatus[i] = false } } for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) { if (bStatus[i]){ // if (length(bufResults) >= 0){ bufResults += "\n" bufResults += MultiEnum[i] // } } } L1Status = tempStringOf(bufResults) obj.attrDXLName = L1Status // DXL attribute column delete(bufResults) </pre>

Error

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">-R-E- DXL: unassigned array element (bStatus[1]) </pre>

Funny that this code works:

bool    bStatus[EnumSize] = false // default setting is false

this should be:

bool bStatus[EnumSize]
    int i; for (i = 0; i < EnumSize; i++) bStatus[i] = false

Maybe that helps, regards, Mathias

Mathias Mamsch, IT-QBase GmbH, Consultant for Requirement Engineering and D00RS

Updated on 2014-01-06T19:39:09Z at 2014-01-06T19:39:09Z by iron-man
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2012-05-23T15:47:40Z  

Funny that this code works:

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">bool bStatus[EnumSize] = false // default setting is false </pre>

this should be:

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">bool bStatus[EnumSize] int i; for (i = 0; i < EnumSize; i++) bStatus[i] = false </pre>

Maybe that helps, regards, Mathias

I had it w/o the "= false" initally, but even after removing it, I am still recieving an error for this line

for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) bStatus[i] = false { ...

In both instances, if I state bStatus in the same line, I receive this error

-R-E- DXL: array bounds exceeded (4)

But when I state it like this ...

bStatus[i] = false

the first instance works, but of course the last for loop does not return anything, since the if statement will never be true, because bStatus is being set to false right before it.

bStatus[i] = false
            if (bStatus[i]){
                    if (length(bufResults) >= 0){ 
                            bufResults += "\n"
                    }
            }
    }

Before I was displaying all selected items, but now I am receiving errors and displaying "Attribute DXL Failed".

Updated on 2014-01-06T19:41:00Z at 2014-01-06T19:41:00Z by iron-man
  • Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    1969 Posts

‏2012-05-23T22:04:28Z  

I had it w/o the "= false" initally, but even after removing it, I am still recieving an error for this line

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) bStatus[i] = false { ... </pre>

In both instances, if I state bStatus in the same line, I receive this error

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">-R-E- DXL: array bounds exceeded (4) </pre>

But when I state it like this ...

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) { bStatus[i] = false </pre>

the first instance works, but of course the last for loop does not return anything, since the if statement will never be true, because bStatus is being set to false right before it.

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) { bStatus[i] = false if (bStatus[i]){ if (length(bufResults) >= 0){ bufResults += "\n" bufResults += MultiEnum[i] } } } </pre>

Before I was displaying all selected items, but now I am receiving errors and displaying "Attribute DXL Failed".

Maybe you misinterpreted my statement. The code should be like that:

Module mod = current
    LinkRef lr
    Link    inlink
    string  L1Status
    Object  oSource 

bool    bStatus[EnumSize]

// Checking for null obj
    if (null obj){
            obj = obj__()
            display "obj__() used: " identifier(obj) ""   // Display? Below you use 'attrDXLName', so I guess this is test code? 
    }

//   Open up modules that target this Object for links  
    for lr in obj <-"*" do {
            ModuleVersion mv = sourceVersion lr  // want this to work for baseline sets? Use the correct source version!
            if (null data mv) load(mv, false) 
    }

for inlink in obj <- "*" do { // for all objects that have inlinks (child requirements) do this ...
            oSource = source(inlink)
                    MultiEnum[i] = aType.strings[i] 
                    bStatus[i] = isMember(oSource.NameAttr, MultiEnum[i]) // this is just a shorter version of your code
            }
    }

if (bStatus[i]) {
                    if (length(bufResults) >= 0) bufResults += "\n"  // This way results will be nicely separated
            }
    }

obj.attrDXLName = L1Status 
    delete(bufResults)

See some comments inline. Maybe that helps, regards, Mathias

Updated on 2014-01-06T19:41:51Z at 2014-01-06T19:41:51Z by iron-man
  • Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    1969 Posts

‏2012-05-23T22:08:50Z  

Maybe you misinterpreted my statement. The code should be like that:

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">Module mod = current LinkRef lr Link inlink bool Incomplete = false // true when any linked object is "Incomplete" bool Passed = false // true when any linked object has "Passed" bool Failed = false // true when any linked object has "Failed" bool Waived = false // true when any linked object is "Waived" bool Blank = false // true when any linked object has no input string L1Status Object oSource string NameAttr = "Verification Status" Buffer bufResults = create() // creates a 'space' to hold values AttrDef aDef = find(mod, NameAttr) AttrType aType = aDef.type int i, EnumSize = aType.size // size of enumeration string MultiEnum[EnumSize] bool bStatus[EnumSize] for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) bStatus[i] = false // Checking for null obj if (null obj){ obj = obj__() display "obj__() used: " identifier(obj) "" // Display? Below you use 'attrDXLName', so I guess this is test code? } // Open up modules that target this Object for links for lr in obj <-"*" do { ModuleVersion mv = sourceVersion lr // want this to work for baseline sets? Use the correct source version! if (null data mv) load(mv, false) } for inlink in obj <- "*" do { // for all objects that have inlinks (child requirements) do this ... oSource = source(inlink) if (null oSource) continue for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) { MultiEnum[i] = aType.strings[i] bStatus[i] = isMember(oSource.NameAttr, MultiEnum[i]) // this is just a shorter version of your code } } for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) { if (bStatus[i]) { if (length(bufResults) >= 0) bufResults += "\n" // This way results will be nicely separated bufResults += MultiEnum[i] } } L1Status = tempStringOf(bufResults) obj.attrDXLName = L1Status delete(bufResults) </pre>

See some comments inline. Maybe that helps, regards, Mathias

Now reading your first statement again, I figure there is still an error in the logic. You probably want this:

for inlink in obj <- "*" do { // for all objects that have inlinks (child requirements) do this ...
        oSource = source(inlink)
                    MultiEnum[i] = aType.strings[i] 
                    // if ANY inlink has this value, set it to true
                    // make sure it stays true, even if this object does NOT have the value set. 
                    bStatus[i] = bStatus[i] || isMember(oSource.NameAttr, MultiEnum[i]) 
            }
    }

Regards, Mathias

Updated on 2014-01-06T19:42:31Z at 2014-01-06T19:42:31Z by iron-man
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2012-05-24T16:26:03Z  

Now reading your first statement again, I figure there is still an error in the logic. You probably want this:

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">for inlink in obj <- "*" do { // for all objects that have inlinks (child requirements) do this ... oSource = source(inlink) if (null oSource) continue for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) { MultiEnum[i] = aType.strings[i] // if ANY inlink has this value, set it to true // make sure it stays true, even if this object does NOT have the value set. bStatus[i] = bStatus[i] || isMember(oSource.NameAttr, MultiEnum[i]) } } </pre>

Regards, Mathias

All this time I thought this line was in both my for loops, but it was supposed to be declared upfront ... sigh :/

Thank you, thank you, thank you both ... it FINALLY works!

Updated on 2014-01-06T19:43:09Z at 2014-01-06T19:43:09Z by iron-man
  • llandale
    llandale
    2972 Posts

‏2012-05-24T17:04:49Z  

The entire script ...

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">Module mod = current string DxlCode = readFile("C:\\Program Files/IBM/Rational/DOORS/9.3/lib/dxl/addins/MyDXL/L1 Verification.dxl") AttrDef ad = create(object dxl DxlCode type "String" attribute "L1-L2 Verification Status") </pre>

L1 Verfication.dxl ...

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">Module mod = current LinkRef lr Link inlink bool Incomplete = false // true when any linked object is "Incomplete" bool Passed = false // true when any linked object has "Passed" bool Failed = false // true when any linked object has "Failed" bool Waived = false // true when any linked object is "Waived" bool Blank = false // true when any linked object has no input string L1Status Object oSource string NameAttr = "Verification Status" Buffer bufResults = create() // creates a 'space' to hold values AttrDef aDef = find(mod, NameAttr) AttrType aType = aDef.type int i, EnumSize = aType.size // size of enumeration string MultiEnum[EnumSize] bool bStatus[EnumSize] = false // default setting is false // Checking for null obj if (null obj){ obj = obj__() display "obj__() used: " identifier(obj) "" } // Open up modules that target this Object for links for lr in obj <-"*" do { read(fullName(source(lr)), false, true) // Open linked module, even if it's already open } for inlink in obj <-"*" do { // for all objects that have inlinks (child requirements) do this ... oSource = source(inlink) if (null oSource) continue for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) { bStatus[i] = false MultiEnum[i] = aType.strings[i] // enumeration value names if (isMember(oSource.NameAttr, MultiEnum[i])) then { bStatus[i] = true // resets to true if it exists } else bStatus[i] = false } } for (i=0; i<EnumSize; i++) { if (bStatus[i]){ // if (length(bufResults) >= 0){ bufResults += "\n" bufResults += MultiEnum[i] // } } } L1Status = tempStringOf(bufResults) obj.attrDXLName = L1Status // DXL attribute column delete(bufResults) </pre>

Error

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">-R-E- DXL: unassigned array element (bStatus[1]) </pre>

Mathias' comments look good.

It makes it easier if you give the line number generating such DXL errors. I have no clue about the wierd errors you expressed; I don't see how you could get them. But I wonder...
    [1] Perhaps you get an explicit error after turning off AutoDeclare.
    [2] Perhaps there is some code in play we don't see, such as in your top context.
    [3] You get different results when you insert this Attr-DXL into a column of a clean Standard view. I have seen attr-DXL and layout context issues ("obj" and "attrDXLName" are wrong ) for views containing a few such columns.
    [4] This line of code makes my hackles crawl for reason's I don't know:
    • MultiEnum[i] = aType.strings[i]
    because I notice that "aType" belongs to the original module but you are executing this code while some other module is "current" (a Source you just opened). Yes, that should not be a problem and yes sometimes my hackles are wrong. I then looked through some old notes and I see an incomplete one when dealing with "AttrType"s, that the "module must be current" but I don't remember what I was thinking 5 years ago.

There remains a fundamental structural problem: the code presumes that the current module and also ALL modules that source links to it have that attribute "Verification Status" AND they all have the same enumerations. Your code will fail rudely otherwise. The logic of the following lines should be within the link loop:
    • aDef = find(mSource, NameAttr)
    • aType = aDef.type
    • EnumSize = aType.size // size of enumeration
    and add something like this:
    • if (aType.type != attrEnumeration or EnumSize is not what I expect) then ignore this link.

-Louie
    This line should be moved up, perhaps where you initialize bStatus[i] = false
    • MultiEnum[i] = aType.strings[i]

Seems to me you should "halt" if "obj" is null; but maybe function "obj__()" (which I've never used) has some magic I don't understand.

I would do nothing when "obj" isDeleted.

I would ignore the link when "oSource" isDeleted.

I would be tempted to make this Attr-DXL of type Enumeration with the correct enumerations(instead of type "string"). Then this line:
    • if (isMember(oSource.NameAttr, MultiEnum[i])) then {bStatus[i] = true
    becomes I think this:
    • if (isMember(oSource.NameAttr, MultiEnum[i])) then obj.attrDXLName += MultiEnum[i]
    and you don't need the buffer nor the closing "obj.attrDXLName =" last 13 lines of code.

Since I have OCD I would tweak your deploy code:
    • string DxlCode = readFile("C:\\Program Files/IBM/Rational/DOORS/9.3/lib/dxl/addins/MyDXL/L1 Verification.dxl")
    • if (!checkDXL(DxlCode)) //
    • then I cannot deploy code with interpret errors
    • else AttrDef ad = create(object dxl DxlCode type "String" attribute "L1-L2 Verification Status")
    Also check if the attr exists with type "String", and if so "modify" it with the new code.