Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-17T12:57:20Z by stonesandy
stonesandy
stonesandy
5 Posts

Pinned topic MQ in CICS Explorer

‏2012-04-04T14:44:55Z |
I've added MQ Explorer to my CICS Explorer with an intention to have the same authentication that the CICS option provided.
But I've not yet found any way to require the 'sign in' in MQ as does in CICS.
Any pointers, please?
s
Updated on 2012-04-17T12:57:20Z at 2012-04-17T12:57:20Z by stonesandy
  • stonesandy
    stonesandy
    5 Posts

Re: MQ in CICS Explorer

‏2012-04-13T13:43:35Z  
    I've still not found any method to require user authentication when connecting to MQ through CICS Explorer MQ plug-in.
    IBM support directed me to this site for Explorer answers. Am I to interpret the lack of response to this question to mean there is none?
    s
  • JohnKnutson
    JohnKnutson
    126 Posts

‏2012-04-16T17:09:56Z  
    I've still not found any method to require user authentication when connecting to MQ through CICS Explorer MQ plug-in.
    IBM support directed me to this site for Explorer answers. Am I to interpret the lack of response to this question to mean there is none?
    s
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We've discussed this with the MQ team here in Hursley, who tell us that if you are connecting to a remote MQ queue manager, you will need to secure the Client Connection by specifying a user exit on that connection, just as you would if you were connecting any application to it. Until you do that, whatever userid/password that you specify on the User Identification tab (in the MQ Explorer preferences page) will be ignored.
  • stonesandy
    stonesandy
    5 Posts

‏2012-04-17T12:57:20Z  
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We've discussed this with the MQ team here in Hursley, who tell us that if you are connecting to a remote MQ queue manager, you will need to secure the Client Connection by specifying a user exit on that connection, just as you would if you were connecting any application to it. Until you do that, whatever userid/password that you specify on the User Identification tab (in the MQ Explorer preferences page) will be ignored.
    THANKS for the guidance.
    s