Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-17T13:11:15Z by ktuttle
ranjithkumarramilla
ranjithkumarramilla
4 Posts

Pinned topic Error while Configuring websphere portal server7.0 in WEF 7.0

‏2012-04-04T11:21:19Z |
After installation of portal server and Experience Factory 7.0 when i tried to configure the server through windows>preferences>portletfactory>serverconfigurations>create new configurations SoapPortNumber=10025 when im trying to detect this port number by clicking detect it is giving an error a running application server couldnot be found on local host.
Can anybody suggest a solution.
Updated on 2012-05-17T13:11:15Z at 2012-05-17T13:11:15Z by ktuttle
  • mburati
    mburati
    427 Posts

Re: Error while Configuring websphere portal server7.0 in WEF 7.0

‏2012-04-04T13:32:40Z  
    Double check that your portal 7 server WAS instance (WebSphere_Portal instance, not just server1) is up and running with the IBM WAS Admin Console.

You may also want to check out the WEF publishing FAQ at:
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/Diagnosing_JMX_publishing_problems_with_WebSphere_Portlet_Factory

..mb1
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1493 Posts

‏2012-04-05T01:33:21Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2012-04-04T13:32:40Z
    Double check that your portal 7 server WAS instance (WebSphere_Portal instance, not just server1) is up and running with the IBM WAS Admin Console.

You may also want to check out the WEF publishing FAQ at:
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/dx/Diagnosing_JMX_publishing_problems_with_WebSphere_Portlet_Factory

..mb1
    I have had this problem when I'm using the wrong JVM. I resolve this by starting WEF with something like:

eclipse -vm /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/bin
  • ranjithkumarramilla
    ranjithkumarramilla
    4 Posts

‏2012-05-17T10:35:10Z  
    I have had this problem when I'm using the wrong JVM. I resolve this by starting WEF with something like:

eclipse -vm /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/bin
    I tried to do whatever you said but i cant find eclipse -vm /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/bin
    because my path for appserver is a little bit different and what exactly i need to do to do change the jvm.Can u give me the solution in detail.

I managed a solution by opting for a combination of server 7.x and portletfactory 6.x.

But server and portletfactory 7.x is still not resolved.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1493 Posts

‏2012-05-17T12:54:44Z  
    I tried to do whatever you said but i cant find eclipse -vm /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/java/bin
    because my path for appserver is a little bit different and what exactly i need to do to do change the jvm.Can u give me the solution in detail.

I managed a solution by opting for a combination of server 7.x and portletfactory 6.x.

But server and portletfactory 7.x is still not resolved.
    Is Portal v7 installed locally? If not, then make sure the host name on the server configuration page is the name of the server where it is running.

The version of eclipse which comes with WEF contains a JVM which is designed to work with WebSphere. You can tell eclipse to use a different JVM by using the -vm parameter on the command line, or in the eclipse.ini file. It looks like you are running Windows, and the path I gave in my first response is for Linux. If Portal v7 is installed locally, then find out what its path is, and point to the AppServer\java\bin directory, like this:

eclipse -vm <path-to-portal>\AppServer\java\bin

If Portal isn't installed locally, then you may want to copy the java directory from the server to your own machine, and point to it (keep in mind the correct bitness; a 64-bit JVM won't work with a 32-bit eclipse).

As mburati said, you need to make sure that the server is actually running. Also make sure that you don't have ports blocked. WEF will communicate on port 10025 (the default SOAP port). I check this with "telnet <servername> 10025" and see if I get a connection.
  • ktuttle
    ktuttle
    24 Posts

‏2012-05-17T13:11:15Z  
    Instead of using localhost for your host name switch it to the full computer name of the system Portal is running on. For instanace rklaptop.mycomany.com