Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-04-16T12:26:20Z by MDCYP
MDCYP
MDCYP
31 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic IDS 11.50 FC8GE dbimport slows down extremely and waits for SPL's ?

‏2012-04-04T09:51:45Z |
Hi,

could you tell us what could be the reason that a 'dbimport' of databases that include stores procedures slow down that dbimport extremly? We checked and saw that it is hanging in the SPL part..

But we dont know why... is there a trigger to ignore SPL errors during import or something like that?
Updated on 2012-04-16T12:26:20Z at 2012-04-16T12:26:20Z by MDCYP
  • andreasl
    andreasl
    368 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

    Re: IDS 11.50 FC8GE dbimport slows down extremely and waits for SPL's ?

    ‏2012-04-04T11:14:04Z  in response to MDCYP
    Hello,

    is this occurring with an import of the mere schema as well?
    How did you check it's "hanging" (slowing down?) during the SPL part? Anything special about your procedures?

    Sounds interesting and worth a PMR!

    Cheers,
    Andreas
    • MDCYP
      MDCYP
      31 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

      Re: IDS 11.50 FC8GE dbimport slows down extremely and waits for SPL's ?

      ‏2012-04-04T12:13:29Z  in response to andreasl
      Hi Andreas,

      Thanks for the reply. Actually I'm unsure if it also occurs when just the scheme is used for creating an empty database. Seems to be an obvious idea but I never thought about it. I'll check that and give you some feedback afterwards.

      I checked with onstat to see at which point of the import it slowed down. The pure table creation and filling went through quickly, but on creating the SPLs it slowed down. It's especially confusing as the procedures are just created and not even executed at that point.
    • MDCYP
      MDCYP
      31 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

      Re: IDS 11.50 FC8GE dbimport slows down extremely and waits for SPL's ?

      ‏2012-04-16T12:26:20Z  in response to andreasl
      @ Andreas:

      It's been a while, but I finally could try to import the scheme only. That worked very quick and didn't hang at creating the SPLs. Also I recognized that updating single SPLs for the complete database is not causing such a delay.

      There must be some difference between the creation during import or the creation/update by direct database call (I've tried by dbaccess on the os or working with a SQL editor connection and dropping/re-creating the SPL).

      It's especially strange as we've been doing that for years without problems, but it's popping up now with the current informix version - or at least 11.5 and above. I'll try to see whether I can reduce the problem to a small database export/import with one SPL only.