Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-06T13:56:17Z by Sunit
sreejay
sreejay
1 Post

Pinned topic IHS server is not accessible with its ip address.

‏2012-04-04T03:00:45Z |
Hi,

I need some help...
I am using ihs61. I am not able to access the ihs server with its IP address instead of host name.
I can able to access it using http://<host name>:<port>/
I can't able to access it using http://<ip addres>:<port>/ getting the Internal server error (500).
This issue was occured after sitemider agent upgradation in the server.

Any help is greatly appreciated...
Updated on 2012-04-06T13:56:17Z at 2012-04-06T13:56:17Z by Sunit
  • dp.websphere
    dp.websphere
    2 Posts

Re: IHS server is not accessible with its ip address.

‏2012-04-05T17:27:01Z  
    Hi Sreejay,

Its evident from you post that when you access through the IP Address its works fine but when its done through the hostname it does not work. This is because you have to update your hosts file in the unix box/windows box you are working.

Add the following entry in the hosts file
    Example:
    <ip_address> <hostname>
    127.0.0.1 was1
    save the file and restart the server, now you should be able to access the IHS using the hostname.

FYI:
    HOSTS file location:
    UNIX box: /etc/hosts or /etc/inti/hosts
    Windows box: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Note: If you have have a DNS server, then it should match the hostname which you have updated on the system otherwise this would result in a error like DNS lookup failed. Ask the unix admins or admins related to DNS to update this entry. However, you can check this in your laptop, if you have a local WAS configuration setup.

Thanks,
    DP.
  • dp.websphere
    dp.websphere
    2 Posts

‏2012-04-05T17:29:02Z  
    Hi Sreejay,

Its evident from you post that when you access through the IP Address its works fine but when its done through the hostname it does not work. This is because you have to update your hosts file in the unix box/windows box you are working.

Add the following entry in the hosts file
    Example:
    <ip_address> <hostname>
    127.0.0.1 was1
    save the file and restart the server, now you should be able to access the IHS using the hostname.

FYI:
    HOSTS file location:
    UNIX box: /etc/hosts or /etc/inti/hosts
    Windows box: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Note: If you have have a DNS server, then it should match the hostname which you have updated on the system otherwise this would result in a error like DNS lookup failed. Ask the unix admins or admins related to DNS to update this entry. However, you can check this in your laptop, if you have a local WAS configuration setup.

Thanks,
    DP.
    sorry, that was UNIX box: /etc/hosts or /etc/*init*/hosts :)

Thanks,
    DP.
  • Sunit
    Sunit
    206 Posts

‏2012-04-06T13:56:17Z  
    It looks like there is some config issue. You have network access to the server using IP address as well as name. When you access the server using IP address you get a 500 response. That suggests that the application and/or the server (perhaps siteminder) has been configured to respond to server name only and not IP address in URL.

• Sunit