Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-18T00:00:54Z by YPS1_guybrush_guybrush
PingLu
PingLu
44 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic scheduling multiple orchestrations in sequesnce

‏2012-04-03T15:21:43Z |
Hi,

I have a question regarding running multiple orchestrations in sequence. Let's say I have three orchestrations in one project configuration, and these three orchestrations has some dependencies, can I run them in sequence?

Thanks,
Updated on 2013-03-17T23:53:38Z at 2013-03-17T23:53:38Z by SystemAdmin
  • Katherine Sanders
    Katherine Sanders
    47 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: scheduling multiple orchestrations in sequesnce

‏2012-04-03T15:39:26Z  in response to PingLu
    Yes but there isn't a way to configure this in the WMC, you would just write the first orchestration to call the 2nd orchestration at the end, and the 2nd orchestration would call the 3rd orchestration at the end.

There are a number of ways that one orchestration can call another one. For example you could send an HTTP request to the URI that the next orchestration is configured to receive requests on. You can also use Web Services and FTP etc.
    • PingLu
      PingLu
      44 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-03T18:00:59Z  in response to Katherine Sanders
      Hi Katherine, thanks for the reply.

Besides the way you mentioned to call the following orchestrations, what are the other ways we can use in terms of using any activities or some sort of triggers(maybe?) to call other orchestrations.
      Thanks
      • Katherine Sanders
        Katherine Sanders
        47 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-04T08:42:06Z  in response to PingLu
        There aren't any special activities for calling other orchestrations. You would trigger them in the same ways as you can trigger the first orchestration (using starter activities). You just need to design the orchestrations in a way that they will be triggered in the order you want.
        • PingLu
          PingLu
          44 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-04T13:03:06Z  in response to Katherine Sanders
          Thank you Katherine.
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            1250 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-16T03:44:48Z  in response to PingLu
            Can we run this in CAST IRON Studio? I created invoke and provide services in my orchestration but i am getting below exception when my first orchestration tries to invoke second one.

Exception log:
            Exception while processing web service activity. Error message: URI: /WSTest, Port: null, Operation Name: JobInfo has not been registered. Key: /WSTest:JobInfo. Caused by: URI: /WSTest, Port: null, Operation Name: JobInfo has not been registered. Key: /WSTest:JobInfo.

Provide Service Details:

Transport as : Local
            Configure Schema = /Orchestrations/Orchestration@Start/{JobInfo}

Thanks