Pinned topic Portal 8 Beta fails to install during db2 setup

‏2012-04-01T15:15:36Z |
windows 7 32 bit
IBM 1.5.2 Installation Manager
Websphere Portal 8 Beta
STopped all anitvirus services - eTrust from CA
Installation failed.
Error during "install" phase:
CRIMA1076E: Error executing "C:\Users\XXX_XXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\portaldb2\setup.exe" operation (status=1639).
See agent output log for more information: C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager WS_Beta\logs\native\20120401_2021a.log

Install Manager does not give any options to configure DB2 installation location, but has failed to install thrice.

Please guide me.
Updated on 2012-10-24T00:23:24Z at 2012-10-24T00:23:24Z by JohnDelRosario
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    32 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Portal 8 Beta fails to install during db2 setup

‏2012-04-02T07:24:46Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    When you look at the location for db2 setup.exe in the windows temp folder, portaldb\setup.exe is not present.

I guess that is why it fails to install, however i dont have an option to choose the location for Installation manager to choose where to extract it, may be it is the antivirus so i disabled all the anti virus services on my system.
  • KSilvestre
    KSilvestre
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-02T14:42:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello,

Thank you for trying out the Portal Beta. I am sorry you are having trouble with the install. I am forwarding your problem to our install developer for a response.

Regards,
    Karen Campbell

WebSphere Portal Project Manager
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    32 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-02T21:49:19Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi. Is there a C:\Users\XXX_XXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\wpxdb2setup.log file? If so, would you mind posting it here?

Also, one question: are you running the install as an Admin user who has the authority to create new users? This Portal beta uses the Express versino of Portal, which installs DB2 (as you have noticed, of course). DB2 tries to create a new system user during its install, so it is important that your ID have this authority.

As a side note, other Portal offerings do not have this restriction: only Portal Express.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      32 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-03T11:04:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      thanks alex, the file is empty.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        32 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-03T11:05:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Yes, i have admin rights, it is an windows 7 machine, i am still running it under my id, but with Run As Administrator option
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    32 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-03T14:33:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    If wpxdb2setup.log is empty, then there must have been a problem invoking the db2setup program. I can review the installation logs to try to determine what that problem was. If you can zip up the contents of "C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager WS_Beta\logs\*" (including subdirectories) and post that here, I will have a look. If you don't want to post it, I can give you an e-mail address to send it to.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      32 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-03T15:35:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Alex,
      I have the logs.

Attachments

• SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        32 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-04T10:55:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        i have uploaded the logs
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          32 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-04T19:33:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          I have downloaded your logs and started debugging. I think it might be best to continue our debugging offline. Once we figure it out, we can post the solution back to the forum for the benefit of others.

I have sent you a private message; please check your DeveloperWorks mailbox.

Thanks,
          Alex
          • rbhargava
            rbhargava
            1 Post
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-05T21:44:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            I have a feeling that it could be a bug in MSI script in Windows 7 and Windows 2008. I had tried it on Windows XP and it works well..

http://adsm.org/forum/showthread.php?17890-Silent-client-installation-error-on-Server-2008

The error code 1639 (invalid command line argument)..
            http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r7/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.db2.luw.qb.server.doc%2Fdoc%2Fr0010028.html

I do not know if running the installation program multiple times is also creating this issue.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14605683
            http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf/dx/Uninstalling_manually_on_Windows_exp7

Disclaimer: The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.
            • nilleboj
              nilleboj
              3 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-14T14:40:24Z  in response to rbhargava
              Did you come to any conclusions on any possible workarounds? I'm having the exact same problem...
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                32 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-15T05:23:27Z  in response to nilleboj
                Hi,
                IBM adviced me to use all the default locations and usernames that the Installation Manager provides, in my case it was a 64bit Windows 2008 Server R2, Installation manager would show the default location as program filex86 and we went with it and it worked.

We have repeated this on several machines around 15 machines and it worked but our enterpise anti-virus software was causing problems - to resolve this we formatted the machines installed Portal 8 beta and then installed the anti-virus.

But since the Portal 8 GM is out I guess you should go for that and it is working fine, it does not install DB2 express by default - We have installed on 5 machines so far without any problems
                • nilleboj
                  nilleboj
                  3 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-15T15:18:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  Thanks for the quick reply. Installed portal enable (version 8) instead of the portal express. Worked like a charm :)
                  • SystemAdmin
                    SystemAdmin
                    32 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-15T21:19:48Z  in response to nilleboj
                    Glad to hear that Portal Enable is working out for you. Just as a bit of information for eveyone else: the problem we diagnosed earlier had to do with the drive onto which the product was being installed. As it happens, the preloaded DB2 database that is included with the Portal Express package has to be installed onto drive C. This is a limitation that was probably not highlighted sufficiently in the beta documentation, but it applies only to Portal Express. Other Portal offerings are unaffected.
                    • 41HU_Jaiganesh_Vazhkudai
                      1 Post
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-23T22:37:19Z  in response to SystemAdmin

I am getting this with the portal express for windows 7 x64 bit system and my id is admin id in the db2admns group as well.. 

action-init-setup-db:
                      Tue Jul 23 14:24:36 PDT 2013
                           [copy] Copying 8 files to C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\wp_profile\ConfigEngine\config\work\setupdb\db2\release
                      Trying to override old definition of task trycatch
                      Trying to override old definition of task trycatch

check-target-db2-driver-type:
                      Tue Jul 23 14:24:37 PDT 2013
                           [echo] DbDomain             = release
                           [echo] DbType               = db2
                           [echo] Db2DriverType        = 4

os-check:
                           [echo] os.is.windows = true
                           [echo] os.is.unix = ${os.is.unix}

shared-load-properties:

shared.init:

copy-executables-db2:
                           [copy] Copying 20 files to C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\wp_profile\ConfigEngine\config\database\work\db2

create-db:
                           [echo] source dir  C:/Program Files (x86)/IBM/WebSphere/ConfigEngine/config/database/db2
                           [echo] work dir C:/Program Files (x86)/IBM/WebSphere/wp_profile/ConfigEngine/config/database/work/db2

[sqlproc] action: exist-database
                        [sqlproc] _________________________________________________________

[sqlproc] action: exist-database
                        [sqlproc] DbDomain: release
                        [sqlproc] Database does not exist and will be created for domain release
                         [logmsg] [07/23/13 14:24:38.142 PDT] EJPCA3103I: Creating database "wpsdb"
                           [exec] SQL1026N  The database manager is already active.
                           [exec]
                           [exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2set DB2_EVALUNCOMMITTED=YES 

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2set DB2_INLIST_TO_NLJN=YES 

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 "UPDATE DBM CFG USING query_heap_sz 32768" 
                           [exec] DB20000I  The UPDATE DATABASE MANAGER CONFIGURATION command completed 
                           [exec] successfully.

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 "UPDATE DBM CFG USING maxagents 500" 
                           [exec] successfully.

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 "UPDATE DBM CFG USING sheapthres 0" 
                           [exec] successfully.

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "CREATE DB wpsdb USING CODESET UTF-8 TERRITORY US PAGESIZE 8192" 
                           [exec] CREATE DB wpsdb USING CODESET UTF-8 TERRITORY US PAGESIZE 8192
                           [exec] SQL1092N  "JPASUPATHI" does not have the authority to perform the requested 
                           [exec] command or operation.

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING applheapsz 4096" 
                           [exec] UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING applheapsz 4096
                           [exec] SQL1013N  The database alias name or database name "WPSDB" could not be found. 
                           [exec] SQLSTATE=42705

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING app_ctl_heap_sz 1024" 
                           [exec] UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING app_ctl_heap_sz 1024
                           [exec] SQL1013N  The database alias name or database name "WPSDB" could not be found. 
                           [exec] SQLSTATE=42705

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING stmtheap 16384" 
                           [exec] UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING stmtheap 16384
                           [exec] SQLSTATE=42705

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING dbheap 2400" 
                           [exec] UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING dbheap 2400
                           [exec] SQLSTATE=42705

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING locklist 1000" 
                           [exec] UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING locklist 1000
                           [exec] SQLSTATE=42705

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING logfilsiz 4000" 
                           [exec] UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING logfilsiz 4000
                           [exec] SQLSTATE=42705

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING logprimary 12" 
                           [exec] UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING logprimary 12
                           [exec] SQLSTATE=42705

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING logsecond 20" 
                           [exec] UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING logsecond 20
                           [exec] SQLSTATE=42705

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING logbufsz 32" 
                           [exec] UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING logbufsz 32
                           [exec] SQLSTATE=42705

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING avg_appls 5" 
                           [exec] UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING avg_appls 5
                           [exec] SQLSTATE=42705

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING locktimeout 30" 
                           [exec] UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb USING locktimeout 30
                           [exec] SQLSTATE=42705

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb using AUTO_MAINT off" 
                           [exec] UPDATE DB CFG FOR wpsdb using AUTO_MAINT off
                           [exec] SQLSTATE=42705

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "CONNECT TO wpsdb" 
                           [exec] CONNECT TO wpsdb
                           [exec] SQL1031N  The database directory cannot be found on the indicated file system. 
                           [exec] SQLSTATE=58031

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "GRANT SECADM ON DATABASE TO USER wpx8db20" 
                           [exec] GRANT SECADM ON DATABASE TO USER wpx8db20
                           [exec] DB21034E  The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a 
                           [exec] valid Command Line Processor command.  During SQL processing it returned:
                           [exec] SQL1024N  A database connection does not exist.  SQLSTATE=08003

[exec] C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine>db2 -v "GRANT DBADM ON DATABASE TO USER wpx8db20" 
                           [exec] GRANT DBADM ON DATABASE TO USER wpx8db20
                           [exec] DB21034E  The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a 
                           [exec] valid Command Line Processor command.  During SQL processing it returned:
                           [exec] SQL1024N  A database connection does not exist.  SQLSTATE=08003

BUILD FAILED
                      C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\PortalServer\base\wp.db.impl\config\includes\wp.db.impl_cfg.xml:598: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                      C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine\config\includes\setupdb_cfg.xml:429: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                      C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine\config\includes\db_cfg_mgr.xml:463: exec returned: 4

Total time: 14 seconds
                      FAILURE_LOG_DIR=null
                      isIseries currently set to: null
                      Creating failure log in directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\wp_profile\ConfigEngine\log
                      traceFile created C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\wp_profile\ConfigEngine\log\failure2013-07-23-02.24.40.log
                      basepath = C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\ConfigEngine

stop-wsadmin-listener:
                      Tue Jul 23 14:24:40 PDT 2013

• JohnDelRosario
    JohnDelRosario
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-23T10:08:38Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I am having the exact same error.

Currently I am installing it in a win 2003 server (could this have any effect?)

I have done disabling the antivirus and having the packages installed in the default directories and still I am encountering this error.

Thanks!
  • JohnDelRosario
    JohnDelRosario
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-24T00:23:24Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Just to add up, here is the screenshot of the error.