Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-02T20:11:11Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
708 Posts

Pinned topic IBMDataMovementTool starts in command line mode, not in graphical mode

‏2012-03-30T13:09:54Z |
Dear Forum Members,
after having installed IDMT in /home/db2inst1, IDMT starts only in command line mode, declaring NO PROTOCOL SPECIFIED.
Have anyone already experienced such a problem ? Which protocol is the reason of the message if the tool is installed on (localhost & DB2 target) server and any connection step did not start yet?

Please note that I'am now using the IDMT 2.00-b2116, but the same result I got with the previous 2114.
IBM Java sdk 7 has been installed and DB2 works perfectly on Centos 64 bit system.
All the IDMT downloaded and extracted files have been changed into group db2iadm1 and owner db2inst1.
Given also +x to IBMDataMovementTool.sh, as recommended by the paper of Vikrams S. Khatri.

I'm preparing a test DB2 Server for an enablement from a remote Oracle application environment and obviously I would prefer to work by using the graphical interface.

Thanks.
c.l.
Updated on 2012-04-02T20:11:11Z at 2012-04-02T20:11:11Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    708 Posts

Re: IBMDataMovementTool starts in command line mode, not in graphical mode

‏2012-04-02T20:11:11Z  
    Dear Forum,
    I did rebuild the VNC-viewer on my Windows XP client that I use as remote graphical support to run the DataMovementTool on the DB2 server, making the user & group properties homogeneous between all the involved programs and with respect to the logging user (practically db2inst1 as user and db2iadm1 as group).
    The IBMDMT graphical interface now starts immediately and works entirely.
    Really I'm not able to correlate the message "NO PROTOCOL SPECIFIED" to the matter of my setup inaccuracies.
    But now it's not relevant.
    Now let's move on.
    c.l.