Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-03T12:35:01Z by SystemAdmin
N.Heller
N.Heller
3 Posts

Pinned topic Where is the Administration-Menue?

‏2012-03-30T12:33:19Z |
Hello, after installing CICS TS4.1 I downloaded the new CICS-Explorer 1.1.01 to get the posibility to use the Administration-Menu. Then I connect to the 4.1-WUI. Unfortunately there is still no Administration-Menu in the Menu-Bar. I can't administrate Ressources, for example I can't purge Transactions. It looks like I work with the old CICS-Explorer with CICS TS3.2. What should i do, to get the full benefit of the CICS-Explorer?

Version: 1.1.0.1 build id: 201201261838

Thank you for any idea!
Norbert
Updated on 2012-04-03T12:35:01Z at 2012-04-03T12:35:01Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

Re: Where is the Administration-Menue?

‏2012-03-30T14:02:14Z  
    Hi Norbert,

Just as a quick point - for 1.1.0.0 we renamed the "Administration" menu to "Definitions" and added an SM Administration perspective to try and tidy things up.

Do you see a definitions menu? If not, any chance of a screenshot, please?

Thanks in advance,

Dave
  • JohnKnutson
    JohnKnutson
    129 Posts

‏2012-03-30T15:03:18Z  
    It looks to me that you are using the wrong connection type. If you want the V4 update facilities, you need to create a CMCI connection - select the CICS Management Interface type, instead of using your old WUI connection (CICSPlex SM Data Interface). This is probably why the actions you can see have been greyed out.
  • N.Heller
    N.Heller
    3 Posts

‏2012-04-03T12:23:41Z  
    It looks to me that you are using the wrong connection type. If you want the V4 update facilities, you need to create a CMCI connection - select the CICS Management Interface type, instead of using your old WUI connection (CICSPlex SM Data Interface). This is probably why the actions you can see have been greyed out.
    Hi John,
    thank you for your tip. I installed the CMCI-Connection, now it works fine!
    It is unbelievable, but i read the Redbook and found on page 6:

When connected to a CICSPlex SM WUI server, CICS Explorer operations views
    provide a single-system image of all of the CICS resources within a CICSplex. When the CICS Explorer is connected to a CICS Transaction Server for z/OS Version 3 system, you can only browse the resources. However, when the CICS Explorer is connected to a CICS Transaction Server for z/OS version 4 CICSPlex SM WUI or a single CICS region, you can perform the following actions on operational resources:
    Enable and disable resources
    Open and close resources
    ...and so on

Because i couldn't manage any resource at this point, i stopped reading and tryed to solve the problem. :((

Again thank you for the solution (and sorry about my poor english)!
    Norbert
  • N.Heller
    N.Heller
    3 Posts

‏2012-04-03T12:28:32Z  
    Hi Norbert,

Just as a quick point - for 1.1.0.0 we renamed the "Administration" menu to "Definitions" and added an SM Administration perspective to try and tidy things up.

Do you see a definitions menu? If not, any chance of a screenshot, please?

Thanks in advance,

Dave
    Thank you Dave! The solution was the CMCI-Connection...
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

‏2012-04-03T12:35:01Z  
    • N.Heller
    • ‏2012-04-03T12:28:32Z
    Thank you Dave! The solution was the CMCI-Connection...
    Glad that the problem is solved for you!