• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-03-30T13:07:32Z by richard.france
Murugu
Murugu
3 Posts

Pinned topic How to configure TDP for GHS compiler for target based testing

‏2012-03-28T09:53:27Z |
Hi,
I am working on target based testing using GHS compiler and RTRT. I want to know how to configure target MPC566 with GHS compiler to RTRT TDP. Can you please suggest me on how and what is the update required in the TDP to make the execution successful on the target.

Regards,
Murugu
Updated on 2012-03-30T13:07:32Z at 2012-03-30T13:07:32Z by richard.france
  • richard.france
    richard.france
    829 Posts

Re: How to configure TDP for GHS compiler for target based testing

‏2012-03-28T11:36:15Z  
    open the TDP %TESTRTDIR%\targets\xml\cwinmulti.xdp
    and change the Basic settings keys in accordance with your GHS installation / environment then save
  • Murugu
    Murugu
    3 Posts

‏2012-03-30T07:56:25Z  
    open the TDP %TESTRTDIR%\targets\xml\cwinmulti.xdp
    and change the Basic settings keys in accordance with your GHS installation / environment then save
    Thank you very much for the reply,

As per suggestion i tried identifying the field to be configured in the TDP for target based testing. Please confirm my understanding. As mentioned we are using GHS compiler, MPC556 Processor
    1: The difference in host based testing and target based testing basically depends on "Execution setting " in TDP
    2: for host based testing, RTRT report (coverage and test) are generated soon after execution in simulated platform
    3: for targer based testing, RTRT report are generated using "log.txt" file generated after executing the .elf or .out files in real hardware

Right now we are getting reports for host testing, but for target testing need the modification that need to be made in TDP in "Execution setting" and other section.
  • richard.france
    richard.france
    829 Posts

‏2012-03-30T13:07:32Z  
    • Murugu
    • ‏2012-03-30T07:56:25Z
    Thank you very much for the reply,

As per suggestion i tried identifying the field to be configured in the TDP for target based testing. Please confirm my understanding. As mentioned we are using GHS compiler, MPC556 Processor
    1: The difference in host based testing and target based testing basically depends on "Execution setting " in TDP
    2: for host based testing, RTRT report (coverage and test) are generated soon after execution in simulated platform
    3: for targer based testing, RTRT report are generated using "log.txt" file generated after executing the .elf or .out files in real hardware

Right now we are getting reports for host testing, but for target testing need the modification that need to be made in TDP in "Execution setting" and other section.
    1) yes if the host testing uses a simulator and the same compilation chain.
    2) yes the report is generated thanks to .spt file ($out in execution function) that include all data reults from target simulator OR hardware target.
    usually using host execution it is pretty easy to get data and store them into the host file ($out)
    Then the postprocessing can then use it to generate report.
    in the contrary when using the real target, a communication means must be found to upload data buffer from target to host (RS232, socket, ...). if no communication means exist the break point mode can be used to dump the result buffer on a log.txt file each time the priv_writeln function get called and quit the debugger when priv_close function get called.
    Some TDP example are provided to show this mode. like cwindiabsgstep.xdp clinuxgnu3breakpoint.xdp, ...
    In this case the log.txt file must be parsed to be translated into the .spt ($out) format.
    see Additional perl functions into the clinuxgnu3breakpoint.xdp
    If you are not familiar with perl I guess this forum can help you to fix as soon as you provide the log.txt file.