Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-05T21:55:55Z by ddbailie
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
12 Posts

Pinned topic Welcome to the IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) mobile forum!

‏2012-03-27T13:06:33Z |
Welcome to the IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) mobile app discussion forum. This forum is a community for questions, comments, discussion and suggestions regarding the IBM BPM mobile. Please also feel free to post questions and comments related to using BPM and Blueworks Live REST APIs in the development of mobile apps.

The IBM BPM mobile app is currently available only for the iPhone and iPad. This is a native iOS app that is available for download via the Apple App Store.

Kick-off, collaborate on and complete work items on the go with IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) for iPhone and iPad. This app gives business users the peace of mind that comes from knowing that important and time sensitive tasks will find them wherever they might happen to be.
The BPM app provides a single view that consolidates tasks from multiple IBM process sources. Built with ease of use and collaboration in mind, it allows users to interact with others to ensure that the right people are working on the right thing at the right time.
  • Review file attachments for additional context or approval
  • Attach photos to an existing task
  • View and complete tasks right from your mobile device
  • Launch new processes remotely

This app requires access to an existing IBM Blueworks Live account and/or IBM Business Process Manager server (running either on-premise or on the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise), and is built on top of public APIs for each of these products.

To learn more about business process management, visit: http://www.ibm.com/software/info/bpm/what-is-bpm/

Edited by: admin on Mar 30, 2012 10:14 AM

Edited by: admin on Mar 30, 2012 10:15 AM

Edited by: admin on Apr 24, 2012 10:50 AM
Updated on 2012-04-05T21:55:55Z at 2012-04-05T21:55:55Z by ddbailie
  • Lisa_Alkimia
    Lisa_Alkimia
    1 Post

Re: Welcome to the IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) mobile forum!

‏2012-04-02T17:08:46Z  
    Hi!

A prospect asked me recently if it's possible to diagramm process with BWL using an Ipad. When I read your post, I understand it's only possible to view and complete tasks, or have access to the process information. Can you please confirm me if it's possible or not to diagram process using an Ipad?

Thank you very much,

Regards,
    Lisa.
  • DavidEThomas
    DavidEThomas
    1 Post

‏2012-04-04T22:13:32Z  
    This sounds very interesting and a capability we're seeing a lot of interest in for our market.

We're very interested in including this as part of a marketing program we're launching in May, starting with a seminar for 50 business leaders - who can we talk with to find out more?
  • ddbailie
    ddbailie
    13 Posts

‏2012-04-05T21:49:16Z  
    Hi!

A prospect asked me recently if it's possible to diagramm process with BWL using an Ipad. When I read your post, I understand it's only possible to view and complete tasks, or have access to the process information. Can you please confirm me if it's possible or not to diagram process using an Ipad?

Thank you very much,

Regards,
    Lisa.
    Hi Lisa,

You are correct that the BPM mobile application is for launching, viewing and completing tasks. The current BPM mobile app is not intended to assist with process discovery and documentation.

Blueworks Live is not currently optimized for a touch interface; however, we do support viewing processes with mobile Safari using iOS 5 and later. There is not currently guaranteed support for all of the discover/diagraming features, but with that said, many of the discovery/documentation/diagramming features do work on an iPad. If there are specific use cases that you are interested in seeing available via mobile devices please let us know the details, and we will take that input as consideration for future mobile capabilities.

Regards,
    David Bailie
    Blueworks Live and BPM mobile Development, Support, and Operations Manager.
  • ddbailie
    ddbailie
    13 Posts

‏2012-04-05T21:55:55Z  
    This sounds very interesting and a capability we're seeing a lot of interest in for our market.

We're very interested in including this as part of a marketing program we're launching in May, starting with a seminar for 50 business leaders - who can we talk with to find out more?
    Hi David,

More information will be available once our app is available on the Apple app store in mid-late April. If you need additional information prior to that, you can send mail to our support team at bpmmobile@us.ibm.com with the specific information you are interested in and they can pass your contact info along to the correct contact in IBM.

Regards,
    David Bailie