11 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-05-08T07:20:43Z by msf321
msf321
msf321
74 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Inject credentials using variables

‏2012-03-26T18:58:03Z |
Hi everyone,
Is is possible in tamesso to inject credentials using variable values. I have a case in profile there are two separate form of login i create profile for first forms and it sucessfully running. But when i logout from application there is another form appear which is different from first one. And my profile is not able to inject credential in second type of form.

So I want to inject credential in second form when user click on logout button. I want to get credential from capture bag and inject in fields is there a possible way to handle such situation.
Please suggest me any solution

Thanks in advance !!!
Updated on 2012-05-08T07:20:43Z at 2012-05-08T07:20:43Z by msf321
  • jtoma
    jtoma
    751 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Inject credentials using variables

‏2012-03-27T07:06:10Z  in response to msf321
    In order to accomplish this you need to know a bit of advanced profiling. Your post doesn't have enough information (is the application a windows or web app? does the profile loop back up to state_start when it's completed)?

In any case, what you will need to do is find out what state the profile is in after the first logon is complete. From that state you should have a trigger for "window is activated" or "web page completes loading" using signatures from the second logon screen. Once these triggers fire, you can put in more states/actions to complete the single sign-on for the second logon form.

As mentioned, this requires knowledge of advanced profiling as the profile generator is not advanced enough to handle this for you.
    • msf321
      msf321
      74 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-27T10:36:10Z  in response to jtoma
      sorry i never mentioned earliar this is Web application, and after first login complete the trigger again goes back to start_state. And I also try to use the trigger web page completes for second form. But the problem is that the signature of user id field in first form and second form are same so it always fires the trigger for first login form not for second form.

I also attached the both login form with this post.

Thanks
      • msf321
        msf321
        74 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-03T05:37:32Z  in response to msf321
        Hi Jensen,
        With using Transform Data action now i am able to inject the credentials in second logon form. But now i am facing another problem. let me explain the problem.

When I first time login on app. it successfully save the credentials then i want to logout from app. it prompt a window Do you want again login and when i click on yes it should be inject the credentials again on third form field, to do this task i am using another trigger but this trigger is not fired, Always the first one trigger fired, thats why i am not able to inject the credentials on second form. I also use conditions to fired this particular trigger when third form fields HTML elements are found or Web page completes loading . I try following conditions
        1: Injection_Happend=1
        2: using transfer data action send the customize variable value to next state and then in that state apply condition on that variable if this particular variable value is same which current state recieve from previous state then fire this trigger.

Please correct me where i am wrong. It is very urgent i will be very thankful to you.
        • jtoma
          jtoma
          751 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-09T06:36:42Z  in response to msf321
          I don't think those triggers will fire as they have already completed loading. HTML elements are found might work but I haven't used that trigger enough to comment.

Why can't you do the 3rd field in the same trigger as the injection action? I'm assuming you are also using data transfer so go ahead and add that action in right after the inject.

I'm not sure if it makes sense or not, or even if it is a valid option. As you can imagine, trying to help with profiling issues without being able to see the application, the profile, or the logs is extremely difficult.
          • msf321
            msf321
            74 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-18T14:21:35Z  in response to jtoma
            Hi Jensen,
            I need your suggestion , I have a Web based Application which have multiple login page. I mean User Id have separate form and then Second Form is for Secret Questions and then after that Password form comes. I have to capture User Id and Password only and not need to capture the Second Form which is secret Questions form. I need your suggestion how can i do this task. Either this can be done using simple profiling or i need some advance profiling for this.

Thanks
            MSF
            • jtoma
              jtoma
              751 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-20T23:06:00Z  in response to msf321
              If the username and password fields are on separate pages, you will need to use advanced profiling to do this. The profile generator is not advanced enough to handle this workflow.
              • msf321
                msf321
                74 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-21T16:43:53Z  in response to jtoma
                Jensen thanks for suggestion, I made profile for this application using advance profiling. I thing more i want to know, In this web application one form is for Secret Questions. Every time when we login in this application it randomly select one question out of 3 questions that we have to answer in order to move forward for password page. Can we handle such secret questions problem using TAM ESSO Profiling. If yes please give me some idea how can i do that.

Thanks
                • jtoma
                  jtoma
                  751 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-27T21:35:19Z  in response to msf321
                  Not possible. The structure for storing credentials will not allow you to store answers to 3 secrets. The customer will have to manually answer the questions.
                  • msf321
                    msf321
                    74 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-04-28T08:32:11Z  in response to jtoma
                    Thank you for reply. now i am creating profile for this app. in this way i capture the uid in first form then use navigate browser trigger for second form(secret questions form) and then again capture the password on third form. And when i test this profile in test mode after save credentials in wallet it never ask me for secret questions form and automatically login by injecting uid & password and shows me the main page of application. I just want to know. Is it right way that i am doing, but it works fine.

Thanks
                    • jtoma
                      jtoma
                      751 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-05-08T02:42:08Z  in response to msf321
                      Yes, your methodology seems fine.
                      • msf321
                        msf321
                        74 Posts
                        ACCEPTED ANSWER