Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-02T08:58:57Z by MartH
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
150 Posts

Pinned topic Jobrunner to connect remote Windows RemotelyAnywhere standalone server

‏2012-03-26T14:20:37Z |
Hi All,

I want to do a SSH connectivity with remote windows RemotelyAnywhere standalone server using TUAM Jobrunner.I found one sample script "SampleFileTransferSSH_withPW.xml" in TUAM/samples/jobfiles directory. I modified the script as per my requirement ,entered the valid IP address , username and provided the encrypted password.Everytime it throws an error :

SEVERE: AUCCM5009E An attempt to connect to the following server failed: 130.10.198.30. Verify that the server is running, and then check all the required parameters: server name, port number, proxy server name, proxy port, proxy user ID and password.
java.net.ConnectException: CTGRI0026E A connection could not be completed to 130.10.198.30 during the specified timeout interval.
<Step id="FileTransferViaSSH"
description="Transfer remote files to this machine via ssh"
type="Process"
programName="FileTransfer"
programType="java"
active="true">
<Parameters>
<Parameter type="ssh"/>

<!-- Modify the following parameters with valid values for
the remote machine where files will be copied from -->
<Parameter serverName="130.10.198.30"/>
<Parameter userId="test"/>
<Parameter userPassword="GnN60fi7GWS/l81geC"/>

<!-- the KeyStoreFileName parameter is only required if there
are authorization keys set up between your local TUAM Server
machine and the remote SSH Server machine -->

<Parameter KeyStoreFileName="/home/tuam/.ssh/id_rsa"/>
<Parameter
from="ssh:///C:\test\sample\processcollector\logs\ProcessLog-20120307.txt"
to="file://%CollectorLogs%/winprocess/130.10.198.30/%LogDate_End%.txt"
action="Copy"
overwrite="true"/>
</Parameters>
</Step>

Please advice if it is possible to connect with RA.

Thanks & Regards,
Prerna
Updated on 2012-04-02T08:58:57Z at 2012-04-02T08:58:57Z by MartH
  • MartH
    MartH
    5 Posts

Re: Jobrunner to connect remote Windows RemotelyAnywhere standalone server

‏2012-03-29T10:53:17Z  
    Hi Prerna,

I am unsure what you mean by a "remote windows RemotelyAnywhere standalone server". Is this a Windows server being managed by "Remotely Anywhere" administration tools? If so, what OS version is on this remote server? Is the machine running an SSH server and what is it?

In the jobrunner file you reference authorization keys. Can you connect from the TUAM server to this remote server using SSH client tool and do you need to provide these keys or is it authenticated using just username/password? The path you provide to private keystore file on TUAM server is"/home/tuam/.ssh/id_rsa". Does the file exist on this path?

Regards,
    Martin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    150 Posts

‏2012-03-30T07:27:18Z  
    • MartH
    • ‏2012-03-29T10:53:17Z
    Hi Prerna,

I am unsure what you mean by a "remote windows RemotelyAnywhere standalone server". Is this a Windows server being managed by "Remotely Anywhere" administration tools? If so, what OS version is on this remote server? Is the machine running an SSH server and what is it?

In the jobrunner file you reference authorization keys. Can you connect from the TUAM server to this remote server using SSH client tool and do you need to provide these keys or is it authenticated using just username/password? The path you provide to private keystore file on TUAM server is"/home/tuam/.ssh/id_rsa". Does the file exist on this path?

Regards,
    Martin
    Hi Martin ,

I am sorry for being unclear in my previous post . Yes, it is a windows server which is being managed by "remotely anywhere" tool.The RA version used on this server is 10.0.1086
    and OS version is Version 5.2.3790.The machine is using RemotelyAnywhere SSH Server 10.0.1086 based on OpenSSH 5.3 .

The tuam authorized keys have already been setup on the remote system.The private keystore file on TUAM server lies in /home/tuam/.ssh/id_rsa . I am able to connect this remote server from TUAM box via SSH though it is always prompting for password.So I need to enter the password manually everytime. That is why I am trying to write down a jobrunner script which will
    have the encrypted password for that remote server and would be able to connect the remote windows server.It would be great if you can help in this.

Regards,
    Prerna
  • MartH
    MartH
    5 Posts

‏2012-04-02T08:58:57Z  
    Hi Prerna,

I have some more questions to help me get a better picture of your set-up. They are as follows:

• What version of Windows (i.e. 2003, 2008 etc.) is the remote server?
    • What OS (i.e. Windows, UNIX, Linux etc.) and the OS version is the TUAM server running on?
    • What SSH server is running on the remote server?
    • In the jobfile you reference the key file as follows: <Parameter KeyStoreFileName="/home/tuam/.ssh/id_rsa"/>. Is this the private key file generated on the remote server?
    • What tool did you use to generate the private key file?
    • What tool and encryption are you using to encrypt the password?

Thanks,
    Martin