• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-03-27T15:31:05Z by SystemAdmin
newtoIC
newtoIC
2 Posts

Pinned topic endpoint server down

‏2012-03-22T23:50:59Z |
Hello,
I am new to Cast Iron so if this is a trivial question I apologize in advance (I think it might be since I can't seem to find an answer anywhere).

I have an orchestration that would send data from salesforce to a legacy system through a secure connector. If I have it marked as persistent and the legacy system was offline, would the job stall and wait for the legacy system to return and then complete the job? or would I need to back up the data somewhere like an FTP and have another orchestration move the data from the FTP to the legacy system once it is online again?

Thanks again!
Updated on 2012-03-27T15:31:05Z at 2012-03-27T15:31:05Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    238 Posts

Re: endpoint server down

‏2012-03-23T07:26:37Z  
    Hi,

Which activity are you using to send the data to your legacy system? Depending on your activity, there is often retry options.
    You may also use a Try/catch activity to catch anything happening upon sending the info in your legacy app: this way, you could send an alert or post the data to an FTP server.

Regards,
    Magali
  • newtoIC
    newtoIC
    2 Posts

‏2012-03-23T14:14:38Z  
    Hi,

Which activity are you using to send the data to your legacy system? Depending on your activity, there is often retry options.
    You may also use a Try/catch activity to catch anything happening upon sending the info in your legacy app: this way, you could send an alert or post the data to an FTP server.

Regards,
    Magali
    I've seen the retry options, however my boss is concerned if the servers are down for a considerable amount of time. But I think you already answered by question, if that server goes offline, I would need to back up the data, I can't depend on the persistance setting to ensure the data will survive. right?

Thanks!!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    238 Posts

‏2012-03-27T15:31:05Z  
    • newtoIC
    • ‏2012-03-23T14:14:38Z
    I've seen the retry options, however my boss is concerned if the servers are down for a considerable amount of time. But I think you already answered by question, if that server goes offline, I would need to back up the data, I can't depend on the persistance setting to ensure the data will survive. right?

Thanks!!
    Yes, if the servers are down, you may want to catch this and send an alert or so.
    Anyway, after the retries, the orchestration will fail. So you'll have to handle this failure eventually.

Regards,
    Magali