• 10 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-17T19:20:23Z by dmbelina
Vish_Pat
Vish_Pat
7 Posts

Pinned topic Job management console not visible

‏2012-03-22T12:57:30Z |
Hi,

I am facing problem with job management console not being visible.

It gives me an error as

Error 404: No target servlet configured for uri: /jmc

i have verified the port no, and it's correct, but still not able to get the JMC up.

One strange thing i notice was under SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION--> JOB SCHEDULER -->ADDITIONAL PROPERTIES-->Security role to user/group mapping
link is disabled, dont know the reason but i have restarted the server many times after making some master configuration... but still the link is not available. Should the cell be also be restarted, so that link is visible ???

will be greatfull for your help in resolving this issue.

My Env is :- WAS 6.1 and CG 6.1.1 installed on AIX.

thanks
V
Updated on 2012-04-17T19:20:23Z at 2012-04-17T19:20:23Z by dmbelina
  • dmbelina
    dmbelina
    6 Posts

Re: Job management console not visible

‏2012-03-22T15:16:26Z  
    Hi,

The fact that the "Security role to user/group mapping" link is disabled would seem to indicate that the initial configuration for the Job Scheduler did not complete successfully. Only the server you have selected in the System Administration -> Job Scheduler panel should need to be restarted, not the entire cell.

Can you please provide the SystemErr and SystemOut logs for the Deployment Manager and the server which you selected to host the Job Scheduler?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    783 Posts

‏2012-03-23T15:08:15Z  
    please how did u get the URL to rich JMC ?
    this one
    http://<job_scheduler_server_host>:<grid_host>/jmc.
    • job_scheduler_server_host?? is the localhost ??

• grid_host??
  • dmbelina
    dmbelina
    6 Posts

‏2012-03-23T15:21:55Z  
    please how did u get the URL to rich JMC ?
    this one
    http://<job_scheduler_server_host>:<grid_host>/jmc.
    • job_scheduler_server_host?? is the localhost ??

• grid_host??
    In response to the post just above:

<job_scheduler_server_host> is the host name of the server that you've selected to be the job scheduler.

The port would be the WC_defaulthost port for that server (you can determine that by viewing the ports for that server in the admin console)

So the URL would be http://job_scheduler_server_host:port/jmc
  • Vish_Pat
    Vish_Pat
    7 Posts

‏2012-03-26T06:56:10Z  
    • dmbelina
    • ‏2012-03-23T15:21:55Z
    In response to the post just above:

<job_scheduler_server_host> is the host name of the server that you've selected to be the job scheduler.

The port would be the WC_defaulthost port for that server (you can determine that by viewing the ports for that server in the admin console)

So the URL would be http://job_scheduler_server_host:port/jmc
    In reponse to the orginal post....

I saw the logs in ffdc folder ,i found an exception when i access the Job scheduler from the job console.

it log says

Exception = com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminException
    Source = com.ibm.ws.management.application.EditApplication.getApplicationInfo
    probeid = 354
    Stack Dump = com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminException: ADMA0017E: The context for LongRunningScheduler cannot be obtained.
    at com.ibm.ws.management.application.EditApplication.getApplicationInfo(EditApplication.java:304)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.application.AppManagementImpl._getApplicationInfo(AppManagementImpl.java:615)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.application.AppManagementImpl.getApplicationInfo(AppManagementImpl.java:580)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43).....

Does it means the LongRunningScheduler app is not installed? but if i check in system apps folder in WAS it shows the extracted version of application there.
    I had read the document where it said that the job scheduler is silently installed when Compute grid is installed for XD 6.1.1 for 6.0 the application needs to be installed manually.

regards
    --V
  • dmbelina
    dmbelina
    6 Posts

‏2012-03-26T14:04:26Z  
    • Vish_Pat
    • ‏2012-03-26T06:56:10Z
    In reponse to the orginal post....

I saw the logs in ffdc folder ,i found an exception when i access the Job scheduler from the job console.

it log says

Exception = com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminException
    Source = com.ibm.ws.management.application.EditApplication.getApplicationInfo
    probeid = 354
    Stack Dump = com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminException: ADMA0017E: The context for LongRunningScheduler cannot be obtained.
    at com.ibm.ws.management.application.EditApplication.getApplicationInfo(EditApplication.java:304)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.application.AppManagementImpl._getApplicationInfo(AppManagementImpl.java:615)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.application.AppManagementImpl.getApplicationInfo(AppManagementImpl.java:580)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43).....

Does it means the LongRunningScheduler app is not installed? but if i check in system apps folder in WAS it shows the extracted version of application there.
    I had read the document where it said that the job scheduler is silently installed when Compute grid is installed for XD 6.1.1 for 6.0 the application needs to be installed manually.

regards
    --V
    The Job Management Console becomes available once a server is selected to host the Job Scheduler. The exception you list below indicates that the configuration of the job scheduler did not complete successfully.

Can you confirm that you've followed the steps listed at the link below? Specifically, the section under "Procedure". This details the necessary steps to configuring the Job Scheduler.
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wxdinfo/v6r1m1/topic/com.ibm.websphere.gridmgr.doc/scheduler/tcgconf.html

Once the steps listed in Procedure have been done, and your server has been restarted, the Job Management Console should be available at:

http://job_scheduler_server_host:port/jmc

Where job_scheduler_server_host is the host name of the server that you've selected to be the job scheduler, and port is the WC_defaulthost port for that server (you can determine that by viewing the ports for that server in the admin console)

If you have performed the above steps, and the Job Management Console is still not available, please attach the SystemErr and SystemOut logs for both the Deployment Manager and the server which you selected to host the Job Scheduler.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    783 Posts

‏2012-03-27T14:29:39Z  
    • dmbelina
    • ‏2012-03-26T14:04:26Z
    The Job Management Console becomes available once a server is selected to host the Job Scheduler. The exception you list below indicates that the configuration of the job scheduler did not complete successfully.

Can you confirm that you've followed the steps listed at the link below? Specifically, the section under "Procedure". This details the necessary steps to configuring the Job Scheduler.
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wxdinfo/v6r1m1/topic/com.ibm.websphere.gridmgr.doc/scheduler/tcgconf.html

Once the steps listed in Procedure have been done, and your server has been restarted, the Job Management Console should be available at:

http://job_scheduler_server_host:port/jmc

Where job_scheduler_server_host is the host name of the server that you've selected to be the job scheduler, and port is the WC_defaulthost port for that server (you can determine that by viewing the ports for that server in the admin console)

If you have performed the above steps, and the Job Management Console is still not available, please attach the SystemErr and SystemOut logs for both the Deployment Manager and the server which you selected to host the Job Scheduler.
    followed the steps listed at the link below

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wxdinfo/v6r1m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.gridmgr.doc%2Fscheduler%2Ftcgconf.html

i configure Securing the job scheduler, but i steal have 'Security role to user/group mapping' under System administration > Job scheduler deseable .

can u help me please
  • dmbelina
    dmbelina
    6 Posts

‏2012-03-27T14:32:47Z  
    followed the steps listed at the link below

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wxdinfo/v6r1m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.gridmgr.doc%2Fscheduler%2Ftcgconf.html

i configure Securing the job scheduler, but i steal have 'Security role to user/group mapping' under System administration > Job scheduler deseable .

can u help me please
    Please attach the SystemErr and SystemOut logs for both the Deployment Manager and the server which you selected to host the Job Scheduler.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    783 Posts

‏2012-04-03T09:56:37Z  
    • dmbelina
    • ‏2012-03-27T14:32:47Z
    Please attach the SystemErr and SystemOut logs for both the Deployment Manager and the server which you selected to host the Job Scheduler.
    tnx every body i resolved my problem
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    783 Posts

‏2012-04-05T15:11:35Z  
    • dmbelina
    • ‏2012-03-27T14:32:47Z
    now i have the job management console visible but i can't see all feature
    i have a welcome null(no loging)

i assigned to my job schedular admin role but i've always the same problem.

i use CG 6.1 and WAS 7.0
    fix 17

so what can i do?
  • dmbelina
    dmbelina
    6 Posts

‏2012-04-17T19:20:23Z  
    now i have the job management console visible but i can't see all feature
    i have a welcome null(no loging)

i assigned to my job schedular admin role but i've always the same problem.

i use CG 6.1 and WAS 7.0
    fix 17

so what can i do?
    You'll need to enable Application Security in the administrative console. Then save the changes and restart the server hosting the scheduler.