• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-06-18T15:45:30Z by GilSharon
keyboarder2k
keyboarder2k
4 Posts

Pinned topic XIV accounting reports

‏2012-03-22T10:37:24Z |
Hi,

I'd like to make a report of all volumes (oly the masters not the slaves) of our XIVs for accounting. The following data should be in there:

volume_id, volume_name, size (GB), assigned to host

All should be in a CSV file.

How can I create such a report?

Janko
Updated on 2012-06-18T15:45:30Z at 2012-06-18T15:45:30Z by GilSharon
  • TMasteen
    TMasteen
    289 Posts

Re: XIV accounting reports

‏2012-03-22T15:10:42Z  
    Janko,
    There is a XIV Capacity Report "tool",
    Description: This Script creates an XLS or CSV file that contains 4 very useful tabs: Systems, Pools, Hosts, Volumes. You can use this to report on your storage, find un-mapped or un-mirrored volumes, check your consumption, etc.

You can find it here
  • keyboarder2k
    keyboarder2k
    4 Posts

‏2012-03-23T08:25:57Z  
    • TMasteen
    • ‏2012-03-22T15:10:42Z
    Janko,
    There is a XIV Capacity Report "tool",
    Description: This Script creates an XLS or CSV file that contains 4 very useful tabs: Systems, Pools, Hosts, Volumes. You can use this to report on your storage, find un-mapped or un-mirrored volumes, check your consumption, etc.

You can find it here
    Tanks! That is exactly what I was looking for.
  • keyboarder2k
    keyboarder2k
    4 Posts

‏2012-03-23T09:18:36Z  
    Tanks! That is exactly what I was looking for.
    Hum ... When I run it manually it works great (I'm using OpenOffice with csv-Option). But when I try to run it as a scheduled task it doesn't generate any files. The task and also the batch starts, as it creates the folder, but there are no files in.
  • CHofmeister
    CHofmeister
    11 Posts

‏2012-03-23T15:19:01Z  
    Janko
    On the system that you are running the utility as a scheduled task, does it have excell installed on it? I had a similar issue where the utility would run on my laptop, but when I scheduled it on a server it would not work. Turned out that the utility uses some commands that require excell to be installed. I never tried it with Open Office, so I can not say if that would count.

When the script runs it pulls the data and saves them as .xml files, then it converts those files to the nice .xls spreadsheet. If you look in the created folder while the script is still running you should see some .xml files momentarily. If so then the script is running. It's just failing at the spreadsheet creation partion.
  • keyboarder2k
    keyboarder2k
    4 Posts

‏2012-03-26T05:58:11Z  
    Janko
    On the system that you are running the utility as a scheduled task, does it have excell installed on it? I had a similar issue where the utility would run on my laptop, but when I scheduled it on a server it would not work. Turned out that the utility uses some commands that require excell to be installed. I never tried it with Open Office, so I can not say if that would count.

When the script runs it pulls the data and saves them as .xml files, then it converts those files to the nice .xls spreadsheet. If you look in the created folder while the script is still running you should see some .xml files momentarily. If so then the script is running. It's just failing at the spreadsheet creation partion.
    Hi

yes, Excel 2003 is installed too. I switched the settings now to Excel-ouput to see what happens then. I see these .xml files while the script runs, but when it should create the spreadsheets, I get this (german) error message on the commandline:
    "xiv_capacity_report_from_files.vbs(0, 1) Microsoft Office Excel: Die SaveAs-Methode des Workbook-Objektes konnte nicht ausgeführt werden."

The OS I would like the script to run is "Windows Server 2003 R2 32-Bit".
  • GilSharon
    GilSharon
    2 Posts

‏2012-06-18T15:45:30Z  
    Hi!
    If you still see the message,
    Please contact me.

Thanks,
    Gil.

gil at us.ibm.com