Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-03-21T18:14:37Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
270 Posts

Pinned topic Config Files for CICS Explorer

‏2012-03-21T17:00:55Z |
I am migrating an install of Explorer V1.1.0.1 from a Windows XP machine to a new Laptop (Lenovo T420). I copied the Explorer install directory to the new machine thinking it contained all required components for execution. Explorer starts on Windows 7 Enterprise edition but I have no configuration.

?? Where are the configuration files stored on Windows XP? I have looked at all the normal locations I can think of and can't find them.

My configurations has several LPARs worth of CPSM/CICS regions, CTG defs., and MVS JES's defs and I am really not inclined to want to recollect all this information manually key all this again.
Can someone assist?
Thanks,
Ray
Updated on 2012-03-21T18:14:37Z at 2012-03-21T18:14:37Z by SystemAdmin
  • JohnKnutson
    JohnKnutson
    126 Posts

Re: Config Files for CICS Explorer

‏2012-03-21T17:30:38Z  
    All of your config files will be in your workspace. By default you'll find them somewhere like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\.cicsexplorer

If you copy this file to the same place in your new system, you should have all of your connections again.
  • JohnKnutson
    JohnKnutson
    126 Posts

‏2012-03-21T17:41:20Z  
    All of your config files will be in your workspace. By default you'll find them somewhere like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\.cicsexplorer

If you copy this file to the same place in your new system, you should have all of your connections again.
    I meant of course - copy the whole path. Best is to delete the workspace that will have been automatically created on your new system. You can easily chge e location of our workspace using the -data option. See other posts on this subject.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

‏2012-03-21T18:02:28Z  
    John,
    I hear what you say and I see the .cicsecplorer in my Windows XP C:\D&S\UserID\ directory.
    In Windows 7 EE things are stored in the /Users/UserID/ directory.
    I palced it there and did not get any good result.
    What is your opinion of where to drop this on a Windows 7 system?
    Tks, Ray
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

‏2012-03-21T18:12:55Z  
    Ignore my last post. I must have not replaced everything in the folder before.
    This time I deleted the .cicsexplorer folder on Windows 7 and then copied the one from Windows XP to the new location.
    All is well now.
    Thanks for the input.
    Best Regards,
    Ray
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    270 Posts

‏2012-03-21T18:14:37Z  
    John's response was right on and correct.
    This make for an easy migration.
    Good work guys.