Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-02-16T22:32:09Z by GermanArdila
etienne77
etienne77
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Installing Storage Control on a Windows System not in English fails

‏2012-03-21T16:41:06Z |
Hello team.
Didn't know exactly where to post this, so I Post it here.
I recently installed Storage Control on a Microsoft Windows System.
I'm a French user an my Windows is in French, but I guess this will be available for all other countries but USA and England.
By clicking on the the script StorageControlInstall.bat, you may get this message :

Command syntax is incorrect.
Installation/uninstallation of IBM Systems Director Storage Control needs administrator type user access On Windows systems, run the Installation/uninstallation script Installation/uninstallation with user with administrator privilege
La syntaxe de la commande est incorrecte. User ID of Director System DB (ID user used to run the command, like DB2INST1) should belong to the Administraeurs group. On Linux and AIX systems, run the Installation/uninstallation script as root user.

In the SCinst.log you'll see that the local group can not be found.

In fact looking at the Install Script StorageControlInstall.bat you'll see that he is looking for the "Administrator" group which isn't the default group in other language than english :

net localgroup administrators | find "%SCUSER%" > admin.tmp

Replacing "administrator" by the local administrator name (Adminitrateur in french for example) and the script will run forward.
Updated on 2012-09-12T23:25:35Z at 2012-09-12T23:25:35Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9111 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Installing Storage Control on a Windows System not in English fails

‏2012-09-12T23:25:35Z  in response to etienne77
    Thanks for your post. . Regards, Martin
  • GermanArdila
    GermanArdila
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Installing Storage Control on a Windows System not in English fails

‏2014-02-16T22:32:09Z  in response to etienne77

Good Afternoon...

I have this problem with W2K8 and System Director 6.3.3 in spanish.. but I was reading this information posted by you.. and corrected file (storagecontrolinstall.bat) the installation run.

In my case... replaced "Administrators" for ADMINISTRADORES..

THOUSAND THANKS FOR YOUR POST..

FROM VENEZUELA..

GERMAN ARDILA