Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-03-21T20:05:37Z by SystemAdmin
kolban
kolban
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Can we preview a post before forum submission?

‏2012-03-21T15:48:28Z |
Folks,
Is there a way to preview a forum post before a submission is made? I can't seem to find a way to do this?

Neil
Updated on 2012-03-21T20:05:37Z at 2012-03-21T20:05:37Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    773 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Can we preview a post before forum submission?

‏2012-03-21T16:02:23Z  in response to kolban
    Hi Neil,
    It depends on your browser. On Firefox and IE, when you Reply there's a Preview tab behind the Plain Text tab in the Message editor. The se tabs do not appear in Chrome.

Theresa
    • kolban
      kolban
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-21T16:08:20Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks for the awesome fast response. Sure enough, I am using Chrome. Looking at this browser stats site:

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

I see that as of now:

ie: 19.5%
      ff: 36.6%
      Chrome: 36.3%

And looking at the trend, it looks like a good bet that Chrome will surpass the others in popularity this month. I am curious, if Chrome support will be enabled and am also curious what it may be about chrome that prevents full function? I had thought Dojo and other toolkits had smoothed out all the browser inconsistencies?

Neil
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        773 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-21T20:05:37Z  in response to kolban
        Hi Neil,
        I don't know why the tab doesn't appear in Chrome, maybe someone from dWorks can answer that. Since Chrome releases come out fast and furious, it's hard to keep up. Don't think the forum software is based on Dojo, think it's Java (and not developed by IBM)..but agree that it should work across browsers.

Theresa