Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-03-20T14:15:15Z by Forrest_Xia
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2233 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Starting the Application Fails [Error : LifeCycle Operation Failed]

‏2012-03-20T07:04:53Z |
I have a WAR file that was deployed and started successfully in WAS BASE version . I am trying to deploy and start the same WAR in WAS CE http://2.1.x. The deployment is successful but when i try to start the App, i get a error in UI saying "LifeCycle Operation Failed". When i check the logs, i got the following exceptions :

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.tivoli.fas.config.provider.ServiceProviderListener.contextInitialized(ServiceProviderListener.java:61)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4201)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4694)
at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.access$201(GeronimoStandardContext.java:63)
at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMethodValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:398)
at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.invoke(GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.java:47)
at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext.start(GeronimoStandardContext.java:251)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:799)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:779)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:601)
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Unknown start exception
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:522)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:188)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:562)
... 52 more
Caused by:
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Configuration default/FoundationConfigSP/1332225426842/war failed to start due to the following reasons:
The service J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=default/FoundationConfigSP/1332225426842/war did not start because ContainerBase.addChild: start: LifecycleException: java.io.IOException: Context did not start for an unknown reason
Updated on 2012-03-20T14:15:15Z at 2012-03-20T14:15:15Z by Forrest_Xia
  • Forrest_Xia
    Forrest_Xia
    82 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Starting the Application Fails [Error : LifeCycle Operation Failed]

‏2012-03-20T14:15:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Please provide some environment information here:
    1. WAS CE version
    2. JDK used to start CE server
    3. What OS
    4. server.log located in var/logs/server.log