• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-06T19:19:32Z by Arthur Adams
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
102 Posts

Pinned topic CPY not found in QSYS

‏2012-03-16T11:52:12Z |
Hi guys,

I am a newbie in System i, and i am struggling with this issue.
I am not able to copy files ( with content) in my system. After cpyf I receive error MCH3402:
CPYF sysoprt035/BGPF TOFILE(CPIT035/BGPF) MBROPT(*REPLACE) FMTOPT(*NOCHK)
CRTFILE(*YES)
Function check. MCH3402 unmonitored by QCPEXCON at statement *N,
instruction X'0AE0'.
0 records copied to BGPF in CPIT035.

Also I noticed that CPY cmd does not exist in QSYS LIB.

Does anyone have a clue on this?

thanks in advance.
Updated on 2012-04-06T19:19:32Z at 2012-04-06T19:19:32Z by Arthur Adams
  • wpoulin
    wpoulin
    2 Posts

Re: CPY not found in QSYS

‏2012-04-05T18:23:13Z  
    The message text for MCH3402 is "Tried to refer to all or part of an object that no longer exists." Is your spelling of both the library and file correct ?

I use the Work with object command, WRKOBJ, when attempting to find objects on the system whether they be commannds, files etc. So if I were looking for copy commands on the system I would use
    WRKOBJ OBJ(*ALL/CPY*) OBJTYPE(*CMD). This would give me all commands on the system that start with CPY.

Hope this helps,
    Bill Poulin
  • Arthur Adams
    Arthur Adams
    10 Posts

Re: CPY not found in QSYS

‏2012-04-06T19:19:32Z  
    • wpoulin
    • ‏2012-04-05T18:23:13Z
    The message text for MCH3402 is "Tried to refer to all or part of an object that no longer exists." Is your spelling of both the library and file correct ?

I use the Work with object command, WRKOBJ, when attempting to find objects on the system whether they be commannds, files etc. So if I were looking for copy commands on the system I would use
    WRKOBJ OBJ(*ALL/CPY*) OBJTYPE(*CMD). This would give me all commands on the system that start with CPY.

Hope this helps,
    Bill Poulin
    Because the message text says "Tried to refer to all or part of an object that no longer exists" then an object that has already been used by that job must have been deleted and then the job tried to use it again. Otherwise, the message would have been something like "Object not found".