• 12 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2015-02-25T06:10:18Z by AlexFleischer
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1883 Posts

Pinned topic Setting the workspace .metadata folder location

‏2012-03-15T14:32:12Z |
Hi everybody,

I have set a custom location (say C:\Path\To\My\Workspace) for my workspace in CPLEX Studio IDE, which by default is located in %PROGRAMFILES%\IBM\ILOG\CPLEX_Studio_Academic124\opl\oplide. I have noticed that while the project directories are stored in C:\Path\To\My\Workspace, the .metadata folder containing the IDE settings is not there. Actually, it is still in the default location for the workspace, inside a folder with a name with resembles the path to the custom workspace, i.e., it is inside %PROGRAMFILES%\IBM\ILOG\CPLEX_Studio_Academic124\opl\oplide\PathToMyWorkspace.

Is it a normal behavior? Is there a way to tell the IDE Studio not to create that fancy directory in the default location and to store the .metadata folder in the same custom workspace location as projects folders instead (i.e., in C:\Path\To\My\Workspace\.metadata)? Obviously manually moving it doesn't help, because the IDE checks for it and re-creates it at every start.

Regards,
Stefano
Updated on 2012-06-20T13:12:31Z at 2012-06-20T13:12:31Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1883 Posts

Re: Setting the workspace .metadata folder location

‏2012-06-20T13:12:31Z  
    To be more precise, after some testing I found out that what I previously said holds for the x64 version of CPLEX Optimization Studio. The x86 version stores the .metadata folder in %APPDATA%\IBM\ILOG\CPLEX_Studio124\workspace instead of in the path of my workspace (C:\Path\To\My\Workspace). This does not allow for switching workspaces, each having a different configuration. I don't know if this is a limitation of the CPLEX IDE, because Eclipse supports it.
  • Puppy26
    Puppy26
    25 Posts

‏2013-09-22T09:47:07Z  
    To be more precise, after some testing I found out that what I previously said holds for the x64 version of CPLEX Optimization Studio. The x86 version stores the .metadata folder in %APPDATA%\IBM\ILOG\CPLEX_Studio124\workspace instead of in the path of my workspace (C:\Path\To\My\Workspace). This does not allow for switching workspaces, each having a different configuration. I don't know if this is a limitation of the CPLEX IDE, because Eclipse supports it.

Hi Stefano,

My Cplex was running properly and suddenly it got crashed. When I try to open it, I'm getting a message as "An error has occurred. See the .log file" and it giving some location which I couldn't find it. I tried to uninstall my cplex and installed it in F drive but still getting the same error. Could you please let me know how I can solve this issue and run cplex like before. 

Many thanks!

Attachments

• AlexFleischer
    AlexFleischer
    1246 Posts

‏2013-09-23T08:04:43Z  
    • Puppy26
    • ‏2013-09-22T09:47:07Z

Hi Stefano,

My Cplex was running properly and suddenly it got crashed. When I try to open it, I'm getting a message as "An error has occurred. See the .log file" and it giving some location which I couldn't find it. I tried to uninstall my cplex and installed it in F drive but still getting the same error. Could you please let me know how I can solve this issue and run cplex like before. 

Many thanks!

hi

can you find a folder C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\workspace ?

regards

• aravindnambiar
    aravindnambiar
    6 Posts

‏2014-02-07T03:16:16Z  
    • Puppy26

Hi Stefano,

Many thanks!

Try locating the C:\Users\USER_NAME\Application Data\IBM\ILOG\CPLEX_Studio125\workspace folder.

Deleting this workspace folder & restarting ILOG worked for me.

• JinTao
    JinTao
    4 Posts

‏2015-02-22T23:44:29Z  
    • Puppy26

Hi Stefano,

Many thanks!

Hi

I have the same problem that Puppy26 has. However, I am able to locate the log file mentioned on the pop up window and also the workspace. I tried delete the workspace folder but that didn't work for me. I uninstall and install ILOG. It did open fine after the reinstall but same error message appeared after exit and re-open. Can anyone advice what I should do to resolve the issue?

Many thanks!

• AlexFleischer
    AlexFleischer
    1246 Posts

‏2015-02-23T08:11:02Z  
    • JinTao
    • ‏2015-02-22T23:44:29Z

Hi

I have the same problem that Puppy26 has. However, I am able to locate the log file mentioned on the pop up window and also the workspace. I tried delete the workspace folder but that didn't work for me. I uninstall and install ILOG. It did open fine after the reinstall but same error message appeared after exit and re-open. Can anyone advice what I should do to resolve the issue?

Many thanks!

Hi,

in the folder workspace there is a a folder .metadata

In that folder you have a .log file.

Can you attach that file here ?

regards

• JinTao
    JinTao
    4 Posts

‏2015-02-23T15:14:31Z  

Hi,

regards

Thanks Alex for your reply. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ILOG. Now I can launch cplex again. I will attach the file here if I come across the problem again in future.

• JinTao
    JinTao
    4 Posts

‏2015-02-23T17:09:10Z  

Hi,

regards

The problem came back again and here is the log file attached.

Attachments

• AlexFleischer
    AlexFleischer
    1246 Posts

‏2015-02-24T08:58:15Z  
    • JinTao
    • ‏2015-02-23T17:09:10Z

The problem came back again and here is the log file attached.

Hi,

have you installed as administrator ?

If not you should.

regards

• JinTao
    JinTao
    4 Posts

‏2015-02-24T09:03:46Z  

Hi,

have you installed as administrator ?

If not you should.

regards

OK. I will try uninstall it and then install as administrator. When uninstall, apart from using the uninstall.exe file, do I need to do anything to make sure all the files are removed?

• AlexFleischer
    AlexFleischer
    1246 Posts

‏2015-02-24T09:08:36Z  
    • JinTao
    • ‏2015-02-24T09:03:46Z

OK. I will try uninstall it and then install as administrator. When uninstall, apart from using the uninstall.exe file, do I need to do anything to make sure all the files are removed?

Hi

yes uninstal should work and be enough.

Regards

• AlexFleischer
    AlexFleischer
    1246 Posts

‏2015-02-25T06:10:18Z  

Hi

yes uninstal should work and be enough.

Regards

PS: