Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-08T03:17:08Z by mmalc
UserSpanish
UserSpanish
21 Posts

Pinned topic What is the easiest way to access bbdd inside ESB?

‏2012-03-15T09:40:07Z |
Hi,

I'm working with esb and I have to work with jdbc and have to consult some dates in it in the flow. Plus, I have to do some transforms, etc, etc.

I dont know how I could connect to bbdd if I want to do any query. I don´t know if I should do an JDBC Adapter.. I've been reading http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/tutorials/1012_malcolm1/ and I don't know if that is a good way.

Basically, what I need it's a class (EJB, Adapter, I don't know...) what I can invoke when I want to do it and call some of its methods and can work with its result and the SMO.

Thank you!
Updated on 2012-04-08T03:17:08Z at 2012-04-08T03:17:08Z by mmalc
  • mmalc
    mmalc
    74 Posts

Re: What is the easiest way to access bbdd inside ESB?

‏2012-04-08T03:17:08Z  
    Hi,

You can use either the JDBC adapter or JPA approach depending on your needs.

If you are looking to get inbound notification triggers when something happens in the database then the JDBC adapter is the way to go. It also has a benefit of being very easy to set up and configure with "no coding" options for both inbound and outbound scenarios.

In the tutorial I was exploring the option where you have existing EJBs and want to leverage them in your SOA environment. It also assumes that you have skills in Java development which is not always the case in a pure ESB type solution.

My general rule of thumb of which to choose when is:

• If you are building a pure ESB style solution, use the JDBC adapter.
    • If you are building an application in WPS that requires database interaction that is internal to the working of the application use JPA.

Note this is not an IBM recommended approach, just mine as there are many who would advocate using the JDBC adapter in all cases.

Rgds
    Marvin