• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-03-15T15:53:24Z by SystemAdmin
GWReeves
GWReeves
6 Posts

Pinned topic Deadlock in Quickstart Tutorial

‏2012-03-14T15:40:07Z |
Using IBM WebSphere Business Modeler Advanced Version 6.2

I've been following the QuickStart tutorial and reached the end of the second module: Modeling data and data flow.

Link...
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v6r2mx/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.btools.modeler.advanced.help.doc/doc/reference/installation/softwarerequirementsfordirectdeploymentofbusinessprocesses.html

My flow looks like the one in the tutorial but I get the following error...

A potential deadlock situation, detected on "Loan Application (future)", occurs in the region between "Approve Loan?" and the end of the process in process "Loan Application (future)". The process cannot be deployed.

Has anyone else followed the tutorial and got this error?

Does anyone know how to get more information about what is causing the potential deadlock?

Thanks,
Glyn
  • GWReeves
    GWReeves
    6 Posts

Re: Deadlock in Quickstart Tutorial

‏2012-03-14T15:42:00Z  
    Sorry, wrong tutorial link, should be...
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v6r2mx/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.btools.modeler.advanced.help.doc/doc/tutorials/quickstart/procinputsoutputs.html
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    221 Posts

‏2012-03-14T21:03:45Z  
    • GWReeves
    • ‏2012-03-14T15:42:00Z
    Sorry, wrong tutorial link, should be...
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v6r2mx/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.btools.modeler.advanced.help.doc/doc/tutorials/quickstart/procinputsoutputs.html
    Hi GWReeves

If I don't get it wrong, you are on the tutorial trying to add a connection that brings data into the process from an external source. Is that where you are having the problem?

I haven't tried that tutorial in years. Maybe if you export the project as a .mar file and upload it here I can try it out on WBM and see where is the error.

Martín
  • GWReeves
    GWReeves
    6 Posts

‏2012-03-15T10:15:07Z  
    Hi GWReeves

If I don't get it wrong, you are on the tutorial trying to add a connection that brings data into the process from an external source. Is that where you are having the problem?

I haven't tried that tutorial in years. Maybe if you export the project as a .mar file and upload it here I can try it out on WBM and see where is the error.

Martín
    Martin,

That sounds like the one. I've attached the ".mar" file.

I did a couple of things different to the tutorial:

[1] The decision point didn't actually have any data to decide about (unless I missed it, it wasn't mentioned in the tutorial) so I added an "Info" Business Item prior to the Approve Loan decision. Without this I was getting errors about the decision not having anything.
    The error is complaining about what happens after the decision so I don't think this materially changes anything (but I could be wrong).

[2] I didn't bother too much about the resource allocation and costing, I made up my own numbers, but again, this isn't what it's complaining about and shouldn't have any effect on the flow itself.

Thanks,
    Glyn
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    221 Posts

‏2012-03-15T15:53:24Z  
    • GWReeves
    • ‏2012-03-15T10:15:07Z
    Martin,

That sounds like the one. I've attached the ".mar" file.

I did a couple of things different to the tutorial:

[1] The decision point didn't actually have any data to decide about (unless I missed it, it wasn't mentioned in the tutorial) so I added an "Info" Business Item prior to the Approve Loan decision. Without this I was getting errors about the decision not having anything.
    The error is complaining about what happens after the decision so I don't think this materially changes anything (but I could be wrong).

[2] I didn't bother too much about the resource allocation and costing, I made up my own numbers, but again, this isn't what it's complaining about and shouldn't have any effect on the flow itself.

Thanks,
    Glyn
    Hi Glyn

I tried you process with WBM 7.0.0.4-IFix-20110928_1613.

I checked "Loan Application (future)" and I didn't get any error on the error panel. I also checked the process but I didn't find anything wrong.

Are you getting this error on the error panel? or somewhere else?
    (I don't have experience deploying process for automation on this tool, only in process design)

Martín