Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-03-21T09:42:33Z by UserSpanish
UserSpanish
UserSpanish
21 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How could I work with property files in the ESB?

‏2012-03-14T13:03:50Z |
Hi,

I'm a noob,, I have what I guess it's a easy question!.

I want to read a properties file and get a data, later, I could use a "Set Mediation" to write that date in the context for working with it...

I dont know if websphere esb give me something for helping me on this task. Plus, the file could change depending of the environment(development, production, etc). How could I do that?

Thank you!.
Updated on 2012-03-21T09:42:33Z at 2012-03-21T09:42:33Z by UserSpanish
  • UserSpanish
    UserSpanish
    21 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How could I work with property files in the ESB?

‏2012-03-14T13:15:41Z  in response to UserSpanish
    Oh!, I have been reading abour "Flat File service", but, I think that that's a little bit different that I'm looking for.

I want to do, what I could do with "Database lookup Mediation", but, I dont want to look for my data in a database. Really, the database lookup would be pretty good because it has a promotion variable what you can change the table where you are getting the data.
    • Ronn78
      Ronn78
      12 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-15T20:18:13Z  in response to UserSpanish
      Hi
      Depending on your need there are several ways of doing it if you really want to use properties file. You can write a java code in custom mediation primitive that would read the file or you can do a look up using XSLT map (It has build in lookup engine). Hope that answers your query.

Thanks.
      • UserSpanish
        UserSpanish
        21 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-21T09:42:33Z  in response to Ronn78
        Thank you, I think that I'll read a file properties from custom mediation.
  • sathishb
    sathishb
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-03-15T14:06:24Z  in response to UserSpanish
    If there is no constraint you can use promoted property instead of property file.

Advantages
    Changes takes effect immediately and can be applied while application running
    Server/application doesn't need to be restarted/reinstalled