Because the data loaction is almost full i want to move all data to a different store.
Now its D:\TPMfOS Files
But it needs to goto E:\TPMfOS Files
I already copied all data to the new location and changed the location in rembo.conf.
But this does not work properly.
What's the best practice to accomplish this?
Pinned topic moving data store to different location
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2012-03-14T12:26:18Z at 2012-03-14T12:26:18Z by SystemAdmin
Re: moving data store to different location2012-03-14T10:51:36ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.The process of moving the repository to another drive is not documented, not officially supported, and not tested.
1. net stop remboserver
2. copy the whole repository (c:\tpmfos files) to the new location (d:\tpmfos files)
3. rename the old repository, so you can revert in case of problems
4. edit c:\program files\common files\ibm tivoli\rembo.conf, change the line DataDir to point to the new location
5. run "rembo -d -v 4 -c rembo.conf -exit" to apply the change
6. net start remboserver
7. check that everything is working, e.g. export a profile to a RAD image, or deploy a profile
8. delete the old repository when you're sure the change was successful
It should be fine if the new drive is SAN connected.
It cannot be a Windows "mapped network drive" because the Rembo service would not be able to access the path. For instance with "net use d: \\other-computer\shared-drive" services cannot access "d".