while upgrading a DB from 10g to 11R2, the developers encountered problems with the websphere adapter for JDBC while using XML.
the adapter is working with the oracle XML libraries such as xmltype_lib and the adapter fails to run the package procedures (specifically xmltype.createxml).
to my understanding, it works with 11R1 (the dev team tested it), and my guess is that the implementation of the xmltype_lib library changed in 11R2.
any idea how to approach this issue? is there any known overall changes to xmltype_lib in 11R2 ? if my assumption is correct there should be no problem fixing this issue by compiling older libraries or some sort of similar approach.
Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Pinned topic using XML with websphere jdbc adapter 2.6 on 188.8.131.52
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2012-03-13T12:41:08Z at 2012-03-13T12:41:08Z by andreyn
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK67 Posts
Re: using XML with websphere jdbc adapter 2.6 on 184.108.40.20612-03-12T16:51:19ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Hi andreyn,
Can you pls provide me with some more information on this issue, so that I will be in a better position to suggest you the best possible solution for your problem:
1. what is the websphere adapter for JDBC version that you are using ?
2. What are you trying to achieve with the JDBC adapter.
3. You mentioned about adapter is been used with XML, can you elaborate more on this ? Does the table in the DB contain an XML type column ?
4. Was the DB2 upgrade, the only change done in the environment keeping all other things the same?
Re: using XML with websphere jdbc adapter 2.6 on 220.127.116.1112-03-13T11:36:33ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- SystemAdmin 110000D4XK
2. the adapter is trying to run a PLSQL function, which is using the xmltype.createxml function that stored in the DB, and the thing is, when i run it with a debugger the function works as intended and when the adapter is trying to run it, it fails.
3. its not as if the function selects xml typed fields of a DB table, it fails when using xmltype.createxml function on an xmltype object to format it properly.
4. its not a DB2 upgrade, its an oracle upgrade, from 10203 to 11202, not DB2. another change that was made was that the db moved from unix to linux but i don't see how it can affect the issue.
thanks in advance.
Re: using XML with websphere jdbc adapter 2.6 on 18.104.22.16812-03-13T12:41:08ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- andreyn 2700055KHU
Time: 2012/03/13 13:00:00.177system: ConnectorAgent SS: jdbc_orclConnector Thread: JDBC_ORCL.REQUECTQUEUEJmsThreadPool.thread18(#746207754)Type:error MsgID: 10556 [Mesg: Exception Detail: com.crossworlds.cwconnectorapi.exceptions.VerbProcessingFailedException
Type: Error MsgID:37010 [Mesg: Stored Procedure Execution Failed: java.SQLException: IBM-CrossWorldsOracle JDBC DriverOracle
ora-30676: socket read or write failed
ora-06512: at "SYS.XMLTYPE", line 5
ora-06512: at "SCHEMA_NAME.FUNC_NAME", line 1695
ora-06512: at "SCHEMA_NAME.FUNC_NAME", line 78
ora-06512: at line 1